Who carries the best fitting reproduction  bumpers for my 1970 coupe? Some of the repos that I've seen were awful.

I called the closest chroming facility to me and they wanted $475.00 per bumper, the next closest was $675 per bumper.

I'll keep my old bumpers, but I can't afford these prices.

Nordan bumpers are about the best i have used .National Parts carries them . I haven't seen new chrome that will last ,it cracks and peels ...if they didn't buff through it when it was rechromed .My Shelby fender eyebrows pitted  setting in a cabinet still wrapped in tissue paper and in the boxes .

NPD's web site states that they use a bumper other than Norton and fit and finish is better.

Anybody tried one yet?

of course they are out of stock on the frt.

I recently got the "not a Nordan" deal from NPD, for the rear though. Not very impressed. First, it felt kinda light, when I took it out of the box. Then, it was not straight, had a big arc to it that made it look absolutely ugly on the car. I was able to straighten it out so now, it does look very nice. I wonder how long it will hold without getting rusty or pitted.

Interestingly enough, the bumper that was on the car before this, which got wasted when I was rear-ended, was a Nordan, made in Japan, which I bought in 95. It was of very decent quality, sturdy and perfectly shaped. The chrome plating still looks perfect, even after spending 20 years on the car and recently being bent by a rabid Dodge Ram...

G

I am not much help but I have replacement bumpers on my 70 Mach 1. I am happy with the bumpers but, I cannot remember where I bought  them. It was either NPD or Virginia Mustangs.......sorry

JAG 

Nordan isn't what it used to be.  Back in the day they were the best in the biz, but then they went to crap.  Typically NPD doesn't endless research on their part sourcing and carry the best, so I'm surprised to hear that Guillaume.  I bought a front bumper from CJ Pony and so far have no issues and the fit was good.  Its typically the rears that have fitment issues at the ends, so I'm not much help there.

I have only used 1 set other than Nordan on a 67 fast back and they peeled and rusted setting in the garage .Never had an issue with the Nordans other than they need an extra polish with chrome polish ,then they look great .

I noticed the bow in the 69 rears as well ,looks like all of them are that way now.