Alan_Mac

New Baer 13" Brakes

I guess Ford doesn't agree since the new GT's have;  

352 (13.9 in.) x 32mm vented discs, four-piston 46mm fixed aluminum calipers; Performance Package: 380 (15.0 in.) x 34mm vented discs, Brembo s ix piston 36-mm fixed aluminum calipers

In general, newer cars are a lot heavier which is why the tires have gotten wider and the brakes bigger over the years. Without ABS, I can see situations where your brakes are so effective at locking the wheel that you would actually be better off with a less capable system.  That being said, if I've made you feel like your brakes aren't cool, please send them to me so that I can properly recycle them :-)

david

I hear what you say about ABS, wish I had it on my mustang.  I have manual brakes and am looking forward to getting these big disks on.  If they aren't better than my 11" disks, i'll just throw them away!       

http://s124.photobucket.com/user/Alan_MacDougall/media/Mach1/DSCN1139_zpsrmxxp7rq.jpg.html

http://s124.photobucket.com/user/Alan_MacDougall/media/Mach1/DSCN1138_zps0rbs4gy0.jpg.html

Ready to test, Pro+ 6P front 13" and SS4 rear 13".   Not one problem encountered during installation. The parking brake is really nice, it even came with the correct length cable.  Baer makes an awesome product.     

The 6P front caliper uses a C6 pad design so the pistons would probably be the same as the C6.  The rear's uses a 2001 camaro pad design....  When I get mine in less than 2 weeks, I'll measure the pistons and disk thickness's and let you know.   Alan

did you make these measurements?

Thanks Fvike!  As you all know it takes allot of special effort to make a 45 yr old car clean.  It has been hovering around 100 degree in Portland so I haven't driven it much. I think I need to bleed them again before I go out.  The rotor seasoning procedure is quite extensive. 5-6 days of normal driving than a session of medium effort from 60 to 15 mph than a hard braking session.  Than an extensive pad bedding procedure.  Even without hardly any break in they are very nice.  I'll be back with a report after the break in.