Wycked69

Stainless Steel Roof Rail Weather Strip Channel, (When ???)

I'm sure we have all asked this question multiple times but has anyone heard if someone is looking to produce the stainless steel roof rail weatherstrip channel for the 69 - 70 sportsroof and or possible the 65-66 fastback. They make them for the 67-68 as I installed a new set on my car and they fit better than I thought. 

But in this day and age when more than one company is making parts for these cars, why in the world have "they" still not made these parts available. There has t be a market for hem considering all the restorations going on. I've talked with a number of people and they all agree they would pay good money for a quality set as often originals are beat up, tore, and distorted. All because no repo is available are available.

I've not even heard a good rumor regarding the making of these by anyone.

I'm sure we have all asked this question multiple times but has anyone heard if someone is looking to produce the stainless steel roof rail weatherstrip channel for the 69 - 70 sportsroof and or possible the 65-66 fastback. They make them for the 67-68 as I installed a new set on my car and they fit better than I thought. 

But in this day and age when more than one company is making parts for these cars, why in the world have "they" still not made these parts available. There has t be a market for hem considering all the restorations going on. I've talked with a number of people and they all agree they would pay good money for a quality set as often originals are beat up, tore, and distorted. All because no repo is available are available.

I've not even heard a good rumor regarding the making of these by anyone.

I had to purchase a used set for my mach1 .  They had some dents and dings but were usable, there must be some gold in them somewhere  for the price there selling them for.  LOL    I called dynacorn and the person I talked with said yes we do manufacture the ones that we use on our body shells but we don't sell them. There's usually a set on eBay for the coupe but have never seen a set for sportsrooof.  This is for the 69 sportsroof the other year models I don;t know about tho. 

Dave

Dave,

If Dynacorn makes them for their body shells, I'd like to see them. Every Dynacorn 69 body shell photo I've looked at did not have them. They make the roof rail drip channel but I have not seen the weather strip channel. I've built many stamping and forming  dies in my younger day but I've never built roll form dies or tooling.   

Bob, please look and see if you have them and let me know.

(tried to send you a PM but I get an error message you cant receive any new messages. Most likely your mailbox exceeds more than 50 messages)

got a pair of 69's hanging up in my garage want some photos? 

they need to be cleaned up, still have all the black goo on them

If they are for a Fastback, by all means send me some photo's. I have no problem cleaning them up. you can email them to me if you like. I will send you a PM with my email address

Dave,

If Dynacorn makes them for their body shells, I'd like to see them. Every Dynacorn 69 body shell photo I've looked at did not have them. They make the roof rail drip channel but I have not seen the weather strip channel. I've built many stamping and forming  dies in my younger day but I've never built roll form dies or tooling.   

The guy I talked to told me that they do make them but it would not be the first time I was lied to. This was about 2 years ago and he may not even knew the part I was referring too. So I don't know.  I purchased a set from fast Freddy in Florida that he swore were for a fastback but when I got them they were for a coupe, The two are identical from the A pillar back to where they turn down at the 1/4 window. I was going to try modifying them by cutting and  correcting the area where it turns down. Then I finally found a set for a fastback and sent the coupes back to fast Freddy.  Bottom line is if all else fails I would not hesitate to modify a set from a coupe if I had to.  You can find them for a lot less too.

Dave   

Thanks Dave. I know just what you mean. There's been a number of times I've been on the phone with some of the vendors and it seems they will tell you "whatever" to either get you off the phone or to feed you some BS. 

I have seriously considered if I could not find a decent set or two reasonably priced for a sportsroof of having to buy a coupe set and look at what it would take to make it work. My Brother is needing a set as well as myself. I'm hoping Bob or Rchappelear can come through from their side.

"Fast Freddy"....... that's funny! Was his name really Fast Freddy or just a term you use for a "Snake Oil" salesman?

Believe it or not Dynacorn has parts for sale they do not even know they have .I saw a listing for the 67-68  complete door opening in un welded form ,when i asked them about it they never heard of it ,until i gave them their own part number . It is possible they have the weather strip channel and call it something else .

I think I have a set from a fastback that got parted out a while back. I can look if you are interested in them

Bob

Bob, did you by chance have time to look to see if you still had a spare set?

I am in a similar situation.   My strips are severely smashed in multiple places.    I read a comment that a set from a coupe could be modified to fit a fastback.   Any additional details are appreciated!!

Any chance the 67/68 Dynocorn would be able to modified?

Thanks111

I am in a similar situation.   My strips are severely smashed in multiple places.    I read a comment that a set from a coupe could be modified to fit a fastback.   Any additional details are appreciated!!

Any chance the 67/68 Dynocorn would be able to modified?

Thanks111

Where are yours smashed?

The ones from the coupe are the same from the front to back where the area or the rear qtr window is. Then where it turns down they differ.

I have though about converting a pair. I think the easiest way would be to take a coupe pair and cut it at the proper place and then just have a seperate part down for the back parts for the qtr window. I suspect it may take a spare trim piece to get it done properly but that can be ok. If you have a show car then hold out for an original,pair, otherwise I would go for converting a coupe pair

Bob