Ridge Runner

1969 Calypso Coral CJ Mach 1

The tail light panel is in .The lower window panel is in ,i used my spot welder to weld it in. The outer driver side air box is in.

The end caps are bolted in place and so is the trunk lid but it isn't latched so it sets a bit high,If i push down slightly it lines up perfect .The toe board patches will be next ,probably some time next week .

IMG_0305_zpsi9fpfect.jpg

IMG_0306_zpsyzfhzg2d.jpg

IMG_0308_zpsqhowvgxv.jpg

IMG_0309_zpsd5fe5vxt.jpg

Very nice!!!! She looks pretty all blasted down to clean bare metal. Keep the updates coming, love the pictures and the progress. If you don't mind me asking, what size compressor are you using, how many cfm's say @ 90 psi?

the spot welder is a Harbor Freight ,dont waist your time or money on the 115 though ,get the 220 .the 115 will not weld auto body panels .This one will do tail panels ,radiator supports and just about any thing with a flange .I want to get a miller soon as i can afford it ,the problem is you only get one set of tongs and they will not reach over a lot of the panels . the new tongs are the expensive part

Very nice!!!! She looks pretty all blasted down to clean bare metal. Keep the updates coming, love the pictures and the progress. If you don't mind me asking, what size compressor are you using, how many cfm's say @ 90 psi?

it is a 1953 Military compressor /generator .A big 4 cylinder and it puts out 120 PSI .It runs a constant 90 Psi .

I put the floor in all by my self ,wasn't to bad it slipped through the front window opening .Once i got it in i used a few screws to pull it up tight .I predrilled all the holes for the floor supports and used my hole punch for the edges .I made a tool to pull the floor tight to the floor supports ,it is just a piece of 2 inch by half inch thick flat bar that i drilled a 1/2 inch hole through and a shorter piece under side that is threaded for a 1/2 inch bolt ,When tightened up it pulls the floor snug to the support .

IMG_0313_zpsupjh1sjs.jpg

IMG_0314_zpsmcu0tqo7.jpg

The seat platforms were next

IMG_0315_zpswlmwx4pz.jpg

i have to weld the trans mount brace still and the seat fiberglass side panel brackets in but i will wait until it is on the rotisserie

I should have it on the rotisserie tomorrow .

IMG_0319_zpsl17fumgj.jpg

I really like your idea with the flat bar pulling the floor down to the rails. I'll do that myself I think, cheers!

And I agree, you are moving along very quickly. Well done!!

It will slow down very soon ,getting to the expensive part .

I welded in the E brake cable bracket ,the rear seat mounting brackets and the fiber glass side panel brackets.The trans mount to the trans tunnel is welded .Should be every thing except the quarter patch and trunk drop off and the two small spots in the roof .And i still have to grind the spot welds but that will not take long .

IMG_0325_zpszfhmnyjl.jpg

IMG_0323_zpsy5ja1ygm.jpg

I was going to scribe the lines and drill the lowering holes for the upper control arms in the spring towers when i started thinking, it would be nice to have a template .I found some scrap 1/4 inch plate steel and measured out the holes and drilled them in the drill press. It is so much quicker to bolt up the template in the old control arm holes and just drill through the template .The only problem was when my high torque drill hooked up and slamed  my hand inside the tower (OH YOU DIRTY SON OF A....) The holes are drilled and i took an old control arm shaft and the bolts fit nice and easy .Ready for a brand new Aerofrom suspension kit ,soon as i can afford it .

IMG_0334_zpsv0awdczr.jpg

IMG_0333_zpswlzltfil.jpg

IMG_0335_zpssjuxi2xb.jpg

The really fun part is when you cant let go of the trigger .Mine is air powered and i cant believe the torque it has .I once had an electric 1/2 in drill hang up ,one of the ones where the handle is on the end of the drill .I was pushing down on it drilling through the floor in a horse trailer ,it spun me around a couple of times before it unplugged its self.

I was finally able to get some time today to work on mine .I cut the driver side trunk drop off out ,it was bare metal on the inside ,just the very bottom was rusted through .The outer quarter was only rusted at the very bottom so i just cut up about 3 inches to make sure i got all the rust ,it was bare metal at the bottom as well all these years .The wheel tub was spotless ,not even a speck of rust ,it was covered in tar so that probably kept it from rusting . I did the drop off patch first and the quarter patch last and spot welded the two pieces together for a factory look . I still need to do a bit of hammer and dolly work to bring up a couple of slightly low places but it went nice . I have to weld in the pin holes at the lead line in the top of the quarters still and it will be ready to finish blasting and epoxy prime inside and out .

_MG_4983_zpsd2ny4srx.jpg

_MG_4984_zpsqpzatacl.jpg

_MG_4986_zpsagzrfuh8.jpg