Sign in to follow this  
RPM

Fresh Air Vent Install

Does the vent in the kick panel need to be installed before the heater box and lower dash?

It's only been about 180 months since I tore down the car, and my body assembly manual doesn't say. Thanks.

Bob

Be sure to install the drivers side vent before the e brake assembly.

The good news is that I didn't have the cable attached yet :)

I don't have any cables or electronics hooked up yet so I removed the heater box and lower dash. That only took 10 minutes and made things easy.

Thanks guys.

Bob

Nothing like getting the car home and noticing the car has fresh air vents. It's a factory air car and I will probably never use them, but sure enough, I just had to try them. Only to pull the cable and have it come out because it was broken halfway in.

Nothing like getting the car home and noticing the car has fresh air vents. It's a factory air car and I will probably never use them, but sure enough, I just had to try them. Only to pull the cable and have it come out because it was broken halfway in.

Fix the fresh air vent. Some people remove them. I thought about removing mine for front speaker mounting but then realized even with A/C there is no fresh air setting on the HVAC controls like on modern cars. So, I left my fresh air vents in.

+1 on ebrake first on driver side. I made that mistake and that pissed the hell off me.

Additionally, no A/C car here and I can tell you these vents are really getting a nice air flow in the car when opened and cruising at 60 mph. I will never get rid of these!

Only my 0.02

G