Sign in to follow this  
RPM

69Stang or 69Spam.com?

There has to be a better way. I use my car as a socialization tool, to meet people with similar interests. This spam thing is killing my mojo.

I would be willing to have all users suspended until we can set up a better filter.

Seriously? I'm the one that has to deal with it every day, you guys just have to try to ignore it. We'll fix it as soon as we can but if everyone feels the same and would rather I shut the whole site down until that happens then let me know, I've certainly got better ways to spend my time.

Seriously? I'm the one that has to deal with it every day, you guys just have to try to ignore it. We'll fix it as soon as we can but if everyone feels the same and would rather I shut the whole site down until that happens then let me know, I've certainly got better ways to spend my time.

I feel for you Packrat, and I do appreciate all the time that you do spend keeping this forum up and running. Its just span, it will be ok!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

I think Manley is right...if it gets to be too much and you want some help let us know. I'd be glad to delete threads and ban some spammers.

Is logging turned on for the user IP origination addresses? If so, it sure seems easy enough to ban any user accts that have the same IP address as the offenders.

Besides, the one posted at 2:52pm today has nice high beams.... Sorry just trying to find the lighter side of the problem (LOL)... Okay this is a family oriented forum so we really can't have that kind of stuff here for sure. If people want to see stuff like that just google it.

Besides, are people reporting the spam or just expecting poor old PAK to find it himself and take care of it? If it's the later, you have to report it folks. You can't expect PAK to do all the work. Give the guy a break and help out. I report everything I see. Even though I have to wait 60 second between posts. Sometimes I'm here for ten minutes just reporting stuff. Do you know how annoying waiting for 60 second can be? VERY (LMAO)!!!! B.

Edited by LindenBruce

Besides, the one posted at 2:52pm today has nice high beams.... Sorry just trying to find the lighter side of the problem (LOL)... Okay this is a family oriented forum so we really can't have that kind of stuff here for sure. If people want to see stuff like that just google it.

Besides, are people reporting the spam or just expecting poor old PAK to find it himself and take care of it? If it's the later, you have to report it folks. You can't expect PAK to do all the work. Give the guy a break and help out. I report everything I see. Even though I have to wait 60 second between posts. Sometimes I'm here for ten minutes just reporting stuff. Do you know how annoying waiting for 60 second can be? VERY (LMAO)!!!! B.

YES, I report them as soon as I see them.

BT

Pakrat you know you need help and you have members that know how to use vbulletin, name some mods please! this forum needs them to kick on sight this spammers, Also you need to do a hello welcome thread that new members need to post there 3 times before letting them write on the whole forum

if you keep trying to do this job alone the new members will just quit the forum, the old ones like us will eat rotten cr@p for this forum and wont mind the spam

The filters are ok they are injecting new members because vbulletin has some vulnerabilities

btw we have mexican p0rn threads yay!

Edited by juit