Sign in to follow this  
Kris01

Marti report

I believe the non power top option in '69 was pretty rare too compared to earlier years. No one makes replacement parts for them.

Not to nit-pick, but the manual top was standard equipment, the power top was the optional equipment. In '69, 11,484 of the 14,598 convertibles made had the power top (78%)

I believe the non power top option in '69 was pretty rare too compared to earlier years. No one makes replacement parts for them.

Not to nit-pick, but the manual top was standard equipment, the power top was the optional equipment. In '69, 11,484 of the 14,598 convertibles made had the power top (78%)

Actually the 428 R certainly was an option item and is listed on my marti for $357.46 followed by all the other options the original owner ordered for their car.

i know the 428 was an option in a non mach 1 . . it was also an option in a 68 1/2 mustang coupe and fatback, 69 cobra torino, 69 convertible mustang, cougar eliminators and convertibles, all of which i have previously owned except for the 68 coupe, and i currently have a 70 cj mach 1.

you apparently misunderstood my post, what i meant was the fact that it was not a mach 1 is not an option . . but yes, a 428 in a non mach 1 is certainly rare and certainly an option.

Edited by barnett468

Actually the 428 R certainly was an option item and is listed on my marti for $357.46 followed by all the other options the original owner ordered for their car.

i know the 428 was an option in a non mach 1 . . it was also an option in a 68 1/2 mustang coupe and fatback, 69 cobra torino, 69 convertible mustang, cougar eliminators and convertibles, all of which i have previously owned except for the 68 coupe, and i currently have a 70 cj mach 1.

you apparently misunderstood my post, what i meant was the fact that it was not a mach 1 is not an option . . but yes, a 428 in a non mach 1 is certainly rare and certainly an option.

Edited by barnett468

i believe that he just meant it was rare which is all his post says . . i'm guessing that he knows that the power top was the option.

i believe that he just meant it was rare which is all his post says . . i'm guessing that he knows that the power top was the option.

I bet you wish you still had them. I know I would. What no boss 302's ,429's or a Shelby? If I knew then what we know now, I would have bought everyone I could.

Edited by JCB-69CJ

I bet you wish you still had them. I know I would. What no boss 302's ,429's or a Shelby? If I knew then what we know now, I would have bought everyone I could.

yes i do but i would be living in a cardboard shack if i haden't sold them, lol.

yes i had 1 69 boss 9 t car and 2 70 boss 9's, one was a mint 35,000 mile car.

around 8 boss 302's . . 3 of them were 69's and one of those was a fully loaded white with white deluxe interior . .a guy in texas has it now.

had a lite blue 69 boss 302 cougar eliminator one of around 5 made in that color, only around 50 boss cougars were made.

69 1/2 red kr convert, 70 grabber orange gt500, 2 69 gt350's.

65 magazine test car gt350 sold to collins classic cars.

several hi po convs including a 67 conv and a 66 auto gt conv, one of around 12.

Would someone be willing to scan the 1969 pages of Marti's book or post the info that it contains? I'm really only interested in the 1969 cars. I don't want to buy the entire book for just the '69 info.

Cmon man, just support Marti and buy the book. It costs a fraction of a tank of gas. Not cool, and also illegal.

Back to options, I have a 70 Grande in Calypso Coral with a 2v Cleveland, FMX, Vermillion interior, drum brakes and no AC. That and a couple of other thjings make it a 1 of 1 car, which my friends think is pretty cool. I remind them it is better to have a 1 of 1 car because it has a 428 and detroit locker rather than drum brakes and no AC.....LOL!

My Marti report tends to vet that out as my car is about as plain as it gets (with my optional AM radio) and yet the report leaves me feeling like it is rare :-)

david

Same for me. Originally my car is the run-of-the-mill Candyapple red Sportsroof 351-2v with those ugly wheel covers. But actually, it's just 1 of 16. :blink:

Same for me. Originally my car is the run-of-the-mill Candyapple red Sportsroof 351-2v with those ugly wheel covers. But actually, it's just 1 of 16. :blink:

if you have the 15 x 7 steel rims with the poverty caps they are now rare and wortth some cash to the right guys. . y

if you have the 15 x 7 steel rims with the poverty caps they are now rare and wortth some cash to the right guys. . y

No, the car had Magnum 500s and was done up as a Mach 1 when I bought it.

had a lite blue 69 boss 302 cougar eliminator one of around 5 made in that color, only around 50 boss cougars were made.

Hey Fellahs,

Wanted to clarify on the numbers for '69 Boss 302 Cougar Eliminators...

There were actually 169 of them produced in 1969 (469 in 1970).

While the complete paint color breakdown is unknown, it IS known that 61 of them had a close-ratio 4-speed, and the other 108 had a wide-ratio 4-speed.

...back on the original topic: Kris, the book is only about $20, and well worth it. Not only will you find the option breakdown for 1969, but the paint / interior combination numbers, engine / transmission details, and more. Well worth the $20. Heck, you may even be able to find it cheaper if you search around the net a bit.

Yes, Pak is very knowledgeable and knows his stuff. I just have to yank his chain once in a while. :smartass: