Sign in to follow this  
Kris01

Marti report

Hi guys. I just joined and have to say this is an awesome site full of info I thought I'd never find.

I have a favor to ask though. If possible, could you guys with Marti reports post them? I'm trying to research production numbers of the options in 1969. You know...how rare is power disc brakes kind of thing! Thanks!

Hi guys. I just joined and have to say this is an awesome site full of info I thought I'd never find.

I have a favor to ask though. If possible, could you guys with Marti reports post them? I'm trying to research production numbers of the options in 1969. You know...how rare is power disc brakes kind of thing! Thanks!

That is a fantastic book by the way if you're really into Mustangs. I can tell you that I remember Marti saying that the power options became more and more prevalent. So for example you won't find nearly as many cars with power disc brakes in 65 as you would have in 69 Mustangs... same for PS, AC, etc. My Marti report tends to vet that out as my car is about as plain as it gets (with my optional AM radio) and yet the report leaves me feeling like it is rare :-)

david

That is a fantastic book by the way if you're really into Mustangs. I can tell you that I remember Marti saying that the power options became more and more prevalent. So for example you won't find nearly as many cars with power disc brakes in 65 as you would have in 69 Mustangs... same for PS, AC, etc. My Marti report tends to vet that out as my car is about as plain as it gets (with my optional AM radio) and yet the report leaves me feeling like it is rare :-)

david

i will hopefully save you some time . . some of the rarest options on a 69 and 70 are fresh air dash vent . emergency brake warning lite . tilt steering wheel . convenience group which had a sollenoid that released the front seat latches when the doors were opened . two speed windsheild wiper with auto park . gt package . . fm radio in 69 . 8 track . semi deluxe interior . map lite . . . .shaker hood on a non mach 1 is ultra rare . 411 gears are rare . . . more common options are ac . ps . pdb . factory tach . fold down seat . . . chevys had things like tissue dispensers and fiber optic signal indicators . . b

Edited by barnett468

i will hopefully save you some time . . some of the rarest options on a 69 and 70 are fresh air dash vent . emergency brake warning lite . tilt steering wheel . convenience group which had a sollenoid that released the front seat latches when the doors were opened . two speed windsheild wiper with auto park . gt package . . fm radio in 69 . 8 track . semi deluxe interior . map lite . . . .shaker hood on a non mach 1 is ultra rare . 411 gears are rare . . . more common options are ac . ps . pdb . factory tach . fold down seat . . . chevys had things like tissue dispensers and fiber optic signal indicators . . b

Edited by barnett468

I have a factory r code plain jane sportsroof and all most say is "but it's not a mach1". Only a few have mentioned the rarity.

Edited by JCB-69CJ

I have a factory r code plain jane sportsroof and all most say is "but it's not a mach1". Only a few have mentioned the rarity.

Edited by JCB-69CJ

convenience group with solenoids that release the front seats - that's crazy! Has anybody ever seen a car with that on it? Did you have to re-engage the latches before taking off?

david

lol, yup, i had a few cars with it and they stll worked . . i had no idea wtf they were when i first saw them and yes, they automatically re-engaged . . the package also included seat belt buzzers.

in 67/58 you could get rear window defroster (a fastback one is worth around $1,500.00 today) , cruise control, convenience lite group (it's worth around $1,500.00 today), vibrasonic reverb, fm stereo.

Edited by barnett468

convenience group with solenoids that release the front seats - that's crazy! Has anybody ever seen a car with that on it? Did you have to re-engage the latches before taking off?

david

lol, yup, i had a few cars with it and they stll worked . . i had no idea wtf they were when i first saw them and yes, they automatically re-engaged . . the package also included seat belt buzzers.

in 67/58 you could get rear window defroster (a fastback one is worth around $1,500.00 today) , cruise control, convenience lite group (it's worth around $1,500.00 today), vibrasonic reverb, fm stereo.

Edited by barnett468

I believe the non power top option in '69 was pretty rare too compared to earlier years. No one makes replacement parts for them.

yes that is pretty rare . . i have seen a few of them but it was not an option.

Edited by barnett468

I believe the non power top option in '69 was pretty rare too compared to earlier years. No one makes replacement parts for them.

yes that is pretty rare . . i have seen a few of them but it was not an option.

Edited by barnett468

actually this is not an option . . the op asked for options but yes it rare.

i have also seen 390 3 speed cars

Edited by barnett468

Edited by barnett468

Thanks for the link. I'll have to check that out!

I was really hoping to see some Marti reports from you guys though.

BTW, I have a plain Jane hardtop with PS and AM/FM stereo radio being the only options. Well, technically I guess the 302 and C4 were options as well. It has the turn signal hood but I don't know if that was original. I think there was a Sports Appearance Group (or whatever it was called) for 302s that had that hood.

Thanks for the link. I'll have to check that out!

I was really hoping to see some Marti reports from you guys though.

BTW, I have a plain Jane hardtop with PS and AM/FM stereo radio being the only options. Well, technically I guess the 302 and C4 were options as well. It has the turn signal hood but I don't know if that was original. I think there was a Sports Appearance Group (or whatever it was called) for 302s that had that hood.

Actually the 428 R certainly was an option item and is listed on my marti for $357.46 followed by all the other options the original owner ordered for their car.

It was also an option for mach1's.

Mach1 standard equipment was a 351 cu in (5.8 L) Windsor (351W) 2V motor with a 3 speed manual transmission. A 351W 4V was optional as was a 390 cu in (6.4 L) FE, and the huge 428 cu in (7.0 L) Cobra Jet 4V with or without Ramair.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang_Mach_1#1969.E2.80.931970

Edited by JCB-69CJ

Actually the 428 R certainly was an option item and is listed on my marti for $357.46 followed by all the other options the original owner ordered for their car.

It was also an option for mach1's.

Mach1 standard equipment was a 351 cu in (5.8 L) Windsor (351W) 2V motor with a 3 speed manual transmission. A 351W 4V was optional as was a 390 cu in (6.4 L) FE, and the huge 428 cu in (7.0 L) Cobra Jet 4V with or without Ramair.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang_Mach_1#1969.E2.80.931970

Edited by JCB-69CJ