Sign in to follow this  
69 red fastback

aluminum radiator

Distilled Water combined with Dex Cool is what I use...if you add water use only distilled water...walmart has it for .89 cents a gallon.

If you dont have to worry about freezing you Really don't see much benefit from anti-Freeze

I would use Evans Waterless Coolant. It is non corrosive, environmentally friendly, doesn't freeze, and has a boiling point over 300*. It is expensive, but it also will last the life of the car. This episode of Jay Leno's Garage talks all about it.

Choosing the right anti-freeze can be a real pain, quality wise and system compatible wise. Not as simple as just throw in the green stuff anymore. Now it's is it green, pink, orange or yellow, brass or aluminum rad, water pump type etc ? But lucky for you we're not talking about a newer model car. If you chose Dexcool, do some research first. With some friends that work at a GM dealer I hear some good stories. Also you need to use it right from the get go or it's a bunch of work and money to get a system ready for it. Yes choose an anti-freeze that is pre-mixed as its usually not the anti-freeze that fails it's the water that is used to dilute it or yes use distilled water ( though it irks me that you pay just as much for diluted as for concentrated, but that's what you get for convenience and distilled water). If I was to use something that's readily available it would probably be Prime from Prestone or Peak.