Sign in to follow this  
bryonbush

simple steering solution

so im trying to find a simple solution to help out the loose steering i have. im going to call chocostang Tuesday and talk to them about getting my box rebuilt. i noticed while changing out my gas line that blew the other day, that the all the bushings under the car looked pretty wore out. is there a place where i can get all the bushings i would need for the steering? im hoping that maybe with new bushings and a rebuilt steering box it should really help out.

I went with tcp. Of all the money in the car, for driving enjoyment purposes, it was probably the best money spent. I know it is always easy to spend other peoples money but I dislike doing things multiple times and find doing what I want the first time saves me cash in the long run.

You should replace the front end stuff first to see if that helps. More than likely your steering box is shot, with over 2 inches a play in you wheel. It should only have about 1/2 inch. Flaming river makes the best up grade for the box about $500. If you work ebay you can get one for $350.00 / $400. Good luck.

I figure for under $300 I can get everything that's originally supposed to be there rebuilt and see how it goes. If it doesn't help, then I'll do the rp setup. The guy who I bought the car from replaced all the tie rods and hardly ever drove the car after that but that was over 12 years ago. The metal all looks good, just the bushings look pretty shot