Sign in to follow this  
MikeStang

Engine Block Plate

Ok So I forgot to put the engine / trans block plate in when I bolted my 4R70W up and slipped it into the car.

Can I cut it in half and just slide the trans back some and slip it it?

I sure don't want to pull this transmission & converter and fly wheel to put the damn thing on.

If I knew it wouldn't hurt anything I would run without it.

Mike

:no:.. It being a 50/50 chance of somethine going wrong.

Ford put it there for a reason, eather spacer or cover.

The chances of you pulling the converter out of the pump dogs are a high enough risk for me to say no. Do it right or do it over again later at may be a higher cost involed.

Concider it one of those Duh moments and move on, Just file it away for future expereance

Edited by Mach1Rider

I would be splitting the trans and engine. Putting it back in cut could cause some issues like if the plate curls or gets bent slightly it'll probably hit or rub the flex plate or converter. Could even rattle or make noise. Not worth the hassle.

Yeah I kinda figured that was the answer I would get GRrr.... well at least there is nothing else under the hood yet and has no exhaust or manifolds on it lol.

Looks like this will be on the agenda for the weekend along with putting hte rest of the car together.

Damn

Thanks

Your at the end of the job and got an extra part sitting there staring you in the face. No matter how long you stare back it won't go away. You know what needs to be done. Been there more than once. Thanks for sharing. Brian

If you were to do it what I would do is cut from the crank hole straight up to the top and make a big U shape cut out.

Pull the trans back and slip the plate upward past and onto the alignment pins.

If it was my car I would remove the trans and do it right, but above is how I would do it if I had to

Bob