Sign in to follow this  
mustang1969

69 mach1 fr500s

would i be better off getting the 17x9s to fit or 18x9s front and 18x10rear,either one ,will a 1 inch spacer in front work and what about the rear the 18x10 backspacing is 6.3" (161mm),found this old thread and this guy says hes clearing them?http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=10290

What brakes are you running or gonna run up front? I am running the Mustang Steve conversion with 12.5 rotors. From what I gather, they will clear 2004 factory 17 inch wheels but may not clear some aftermarket. I have 18x10 bullitts for the back and 18x9 for the front. I have not yet put the wheels on the car. I am an idiot and forgot to order lugs nuts with the wheels. I dry fitted the rear with factory drums and needed half an inch. Per Mustang Steve you can run 1997-2004 wheels with 1 inch. However, I think my wheels have a 5.97 inch backspacing.

Sorry, not a lot of help.

I tried to run 18X9 on mine, and it was ok until I lowered it to the stance it has now, there was just no room. I went down to a 17X8 and fits with no issues. I am using a 1.25 spacer up front. 18x10 out back with no spacers.

yea sm69mach,where did you find a 17x8? and what size tires front and rear

Guess I should have been a bit more specific. I am running bullitt wheels and not FR500. More options for sizes for that wheel.

thinking maybe i should return rim and get a 17x8 bullitt instead and still run my 1inch spacer which will net me 4.72 backspacing vs the 18x9 with 5.2BS with 1inch spacer,and thinking about running a 18x9 bullitt in rear with 6.18 Bs,but i dont want my tracking to be way way off

thinking maybe i should return rim and get a 17x8 bullitt instead and still run my 1inch spacer which will net me 4.72 backspacing vs the 18x9 with 5.2BS with 1inch spacer,and thinking about running a 18x9 bullitt in rear with 6.18 Bs,but i dont want my tracking to be way way off

How did to his turn out? I'm about to start saving and buying in pieces so any info would help. I was going to go the 18x10/18x9 route. I have stock front disk/rear drum right now.

I'm planning on running a 315/30/18 MT drag radial. On the back, and I'm not really worried about that. The front is where I'm a little worried. My '69 sits pretty low.