Sign in to follow this  
Chelby-Ann

Front Bumper/Valance Installation

After installing the front bumper and valance I noticed 2 square openings on each side and have no clue as to what gets installed here other then the carrage bolt(s) that that came with the bumper hardware kit. I have looked for pictures with no luck other than some owners leaving them the way mine shows. Is there a bracket that connects the two together. Any help and pictures would be great. Thanks

After installing the front bumper and valance I noticed 2 square openings on each side and have no clue as to what gets installed here other then the carrage bolt(s) that that came with the bumper hardware kit. I have looked for pictures with no luck other than some owners leaving them the way mine shows. Is there a bracket that connects the two together. Any help and pictures would be great. Thanks

could this be it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-1970-Mustang-Boss-Bumper-To-Valance-Brackets-/110839308803?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19ce89a203&vxp=mtr

there is the special bracket shown. there is a special square nut and cage that goes into the valance.

Yes there is a bracket at that location. Brian

Thank You! Just what I was looking for. Just not able to locate this special square nut and cage yet.

where there any shims used? I ended up with an aftermarket valance and have a decent size gap (1/2") between my bumper with the bracket installed and the valance.

I have same issue with the gap. I am going to use the new brackets I have to make new ones to fit right. Making the bracket anhalf inch longer will work.

Same issue with the gap, but the valance is original but aftermarket CJ Pony front bumper. Most likely the bumper isn't bent correctly. Custom bracket is the only solution