Sign in to follow this  
takoarm

Kickpanel with 6.5" speaker enclosure

They sell aftermarket kick panels that will take a component speaker with an external tweeter, or a rectangular 4x6. Just be forewarned that your stock e-brake will no longer be functional as the speaker will be in the way so you will not be able to press the foot lever.

http://www.laurelmountainmustang.com/products/1969-1970-mustang-kick-panel-w-slash-speaker-pods-cpe-and-f-slash-b?gclid=CLiZr9-_or4CFTMA7AodNhQATQ

The problem we had with Steve's car was the kickpanel speakers were to small and got in the way of the dimmer switch. I ended up putting the speakers in the doors. I really need to make new door panels for the 69-70 like we do for the 65-68 with the built in speakers.

The problem we had with Steve's car was the kickpanel speakers were to small and got in the way of the dimmer switch. I ended up putting the speakers in the doors. I really need to make new door panels for the 69-70 like we do for the 65-68 with the built in speakers.

Yes you do!!! Will they be ready by Friday?

Yeah the stock door panels don't allow for anything much larger than a 4x6 speaker. Custom panels are the way to go if you are wanting a larger speaker than that. Someone on here did just that, but their name escapes me.

Please do... loved everything you had at the 50th celebration!