Sign in to follow this  
takoarm

Passenger Dash Panel with clock

Finally found one. I wanted carbon fiber so this worked out perfect I also bought the instrument cluster. I'll post picks when I get them. Super stoked about this. I have called Scott Drake every week since they put the add up in Mustang Monthly and nobody there has heard anything about their replacement panel. Today I talked to someone in R and D and he said the girl who does the advertizing jumped the SHark and it is still a prototype and is not ready for production.

Hope this Anvil piece works out. I might try one of their hoods as well.

http://anvilauto.com/products/mustang-69-111/passenger-side-clock-dash.html

didnt fit?

I purchased an aftermarket hood also, It was a Dynacorn don't know if the one you ordered is Dynacorn or not. My hood was very flimsy and also could not get it to line up on front at headlight buckets. Measured from back corner straight to front corner on both sides and there was 1/4 inch difference. If you could find a good or even repairable OEM hood you would be a world ahead. By the time I found all this out I had the hood already for about 6 months and never bothered to try to return it, may I should have though.

Dave

I have a dynacorn hood and it seems a lot more solid than the original. I haven't put it on my car to check fitment yet as my fenders are off so it wouldn't do much good as of now. But I was very pleased with the quality. The steel seems thicker than my oem and the entier came precoated inside and out also. Are you sure yours was a dynacorn and not a cheap Chinese one sold to you as a dynacorn? Mine came in a very nice form fitted box that has dynacorn printed real big on it and has their quality control labels on it. I got mine from dallas mustang. I did check all the measurements as compared to my oem and they are all spot on. I have heard a lot of people having problems with oem hoods where the center of the hood at the front is not centered. I picked mine up in person though and thoroughly went over it before I purchased it.

Edited by Kris

Finally found one. I wanted carbon fiber so this worked out perfect I also bought the instrument cluster. I'll post picks when I get them. Super stoked about this. I have called Scott Drake every week since they put the add up in Mustang Monthly and nobody there has heard anything about their replacement panel. Today I talked to someone in R and D and he said the girl who does the advertizing jumped the SHark and it is still a prototype and is not ready for production.

Hope this Anvil piece works out. I might try one of their hoods as well.

http://anvilauto.com/products/mustang-69-111/passenger-side-clock-dash.html

That seems a bit expensive, imo. I'm glad to see it being reproduced, but I'm more excited about the black plastic housing that fits into once that starts shipping.

I restored my own clock panel and the only thing I'm not happy with is the chrome trim on the black plastic panel. I used a chrome spray paint, but it's just not the real thing. Otherwise it turned out really good, especially the panel in your link.

z2_zps5ff634fa.jpg

1117_zps7c3520dd.jpg

1138_zps67b7dd16.jpg

z3_zpsef88af69.jpg

I have a dynacorn hood and it seems a lot more solid than the original. I haven't put it on my car to check fitment yet as my fenders are off so it wouldn't do much good as of now. But I was very pleased with the quality. The steel seems thicker than my oem and the entier came precoated inside and out also. Are you sure yours was a dynacorn and not a cheap Chinese one sold to you as a dynacorn? Mine came in a very nice form fitted box that has dynacorn printed real big on it and has their quality control labels on it. I got mine from dallas mustang. I did check all the measurements as compared to my oem and they are all spot on. I have heard a lot of people having problems with oem hoods where the center of the hood at the front is not centered. I picked mine up in person though and thoroughly went over it before I purchased it.

Yea Kris it did come in a box with big letters Dynacorn with their stickers all over it. I guess you can get a lemon in anything I just regret not paying closer attention to it when I received it. I was like you I purchased it but wasn't really ready to install it at the time and just figured it was OK until I started to line every thing up. When I said flimsy I didn't mean like bend when closing or opening it but the skin was kind of flimsy. You could just lightly press down on it and you could actually move the skin. My OEM hood would not do this much more ridged . I have already did some work on the OEM hood and will probably use it, much nicer fit.

Dave

thanks for the feedback on the hoods. I have my original shaker hood with a crunch in the nose. I was thinking of a new hood but wasn't sure whether dynacorn or one made from original ford tooling. The original tooling could be a little worn out but who knows.

Dave

thanks for the feedback on the hoods. I have my original shaker hood with a crunch in the nose. I was thinking of a new hood but wasn't sure whether dynacorn or one made from original ford tooling. The original tooling could be a little worn out but who knows.

Dave

Yea that's right " who knows " but I have heard it both ways some say its the same tooling that ford had and some others say it is someone who purchased the old tooling and made new tooling from the exact dimensions from the old tooling rather than the others who made tooling from an OEM part. IMMHO if I purchased another hood I believe I would take a chance on the ford tooling hood though instead of the Dynacorn

but that's just me and the experience that I had with the Dynacorn.

Dave

I picked up my hood and panels from Anvil today since I am in So. Cal. Top knotch service and super friendly. Was told if I have any fitment issues on the hood and they will help me work out the issue and if that doesn't work they will get me a new one that does fit. They are also in the works of making the woodgrain inserts for the deluxe door panels. So if you are looking for a consistant look to replace all of the wood accents with carbon fiber in your Mustang.