Sign in to follow this  
jmandcb769

Rogers 69. Boss 600

Well, after a year looking for a a good foundation 69 I found basically 95% rust free car in California. Originally a 6 cylinder car and still had the 6 banger engine mounts. Good because I knew the cars frame wouldn't have any stress. Guy delivered to me in Az for 4500 total. All original doors, fenders, quarters, floor pan, trunk, etc. Nothing has ever been replaced and nothing needs replacing except the front radiator support which was previously replaced with horrible welds so that's going. Few patches that were done and not done right so those will be addressed. Plans for the car is a Boss restomod. I have most of the rolling chassis and engine and trans sitting waiting for their turn into this beast.

Engine: Kasse Boss nine 598 with C&C aluminum block: Billet specialties serpentine with AC and power steering pump

Dynoed at 905 HP and 807 ft lbs of torque 10:1 compression

Transmission: Tremec magnum T56 wide ratio with mcleod 1200 HP billet clutch and hydraulic. Billet flywheel and Quick time bell housing.

Front end: R&C mustang 2 with dropped spindles and 14" wilwood 6 piston calipers. MTF jack pad and smooth fender aprons. Smoothed firewall.

Be Cool Radiator custom built per 1000 HP. - 18 AN fittings top and bottom

Rear: GPS 3 link rear with Watts bar and Afco shocks: custom build 9 inch fab housing

Maier Racing Sub frame connectors: 13" wilwoods with 4 piston calipers

Moser Aluminum thru bolt 3rd member with 33 spline axles and Wavetrac differential

Wheels and tires : Fesler 18x10 rear and 18x7 front with BFG Rivals 295-35-zr18 and 245-40 zr18

We smoothed out the fire wall and deleted all the side panels. Everything will have a smooth finish and all extra holes filled in. We did this prior to the dipping. The discolored stuff in the front is the Lead. The Alkaline dip didn't remove it as I was surprised.

Fender is starting to take shape. DA sanded with 80 grit prepped and shot with SPI epoxy. Still no filler. Two colors but same epoxy. Used the beige to repair some dents that we didn't see before. Need to order more black as I ran out

Sounds like a very cool build. Nothing better looking than a Boss 9. Hard to believe those are the same fenders! Amazing work. Good luck with your build.

Bob

Originally a 6 cylinder car and still had the 6 banger engine mounts.

Hi Roger

was this originally an L-Code car?

i might be interested in the engine mounts if you still have them.

Welded the Maier SFC but still need to finish grinding the rose bud welds and along the sides. These are worth every penny. Fit is great and hell stout. They do have a small gap as they go up the rear frame rails so I'll have to fill those in. Lot better then the TCP that are back in the box. Anybody interested ..$120 shipped