Sign in to follow this  
BinaryBo

1969 High Back Buckets...red stripe or not...

I guess this has been discussed before, but I don't know if there was a resolution. I am doing some research and would appreciate some clarification from anyone that has or had their original seat covers.

The common assumption seems to be that all 1969 Mach 1s had a red stripe in the seat. I can only find original evidence and documentation of this being true for black interiors. I have never seen an original white or dark red interior with the red stripe. I have researched many seats and discussed this with a handful of restoration/industry experts. They seem to be leaning towards the red stripe ONLY being used on the Black Mach 1 seats.

Has anyone ever seen a white or dark red original high back seat from a 1969 with the red stripe? I know the restoration shops have been selling them for years...I sold them for 6 years when I worked at a Mustang parts supplier...I am looking for actual examples of original seats.

Thanks!

Bo