Sign in to follow this  
my70stang

My 70 Convertible project.

Hi all,

Long time browser of the forum and I thought that since work has started on my restoration I would provide links to the work that is being done for me.

Part 1. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.359806874066088.78180.155765861136858&type=3

Part 2. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.648886491824790.1073741871.155765861136858&type=3

unfortunately I don't have a garage so I had to farm out the welding but these guys are doing a great job and it will give me peace of mind that things are going to be done right.

yeah I know a real basket case. I pretty much told them to replace any and all metal that was rusted. This way I know the car will be solid when done and should last another 40-50 years. Plus I couldn't resist saving a convertible since there aren't that many running nowadays.

I hear you ..... I cant fathum how much $ you are going to have tied up in metal work repair/replace.

I am just flabbergasted on how much attention and metal it needs. Really big project. But once you start putting her back together, it will be well worth it IMHO. :punk::rockon:

Welcome. I only have a 1 car garage that shares space with my woodworking machines, so I have to do most of my work outside, so not much gets done this time of year. I guess that is why it is taking me years to get it done.