Sign in to follow this  
rchappelear

1969 mustang window stops

So i am planning on tinting my windows on my car. I noticed when installing the window stops into the doors the "L" shaped stop felt was in poor shape along with sharp debris stuck in the felt. I purchased 3/4 wide self sticking velcro strips as replacements.

I used nibblers to roll back the metal from the existing felt on both top and bottom.

I removed the old felt (leaving behind the black rubber buildup stuff).

I cut about 1/8" off the 3/4" felt to fit snug into the metal channel.

place the new felt in the channel and used the tip of a needle nose to re-roll the metal to lock the felt into place.

Double check the felt area to make sure their is no sharp edges sticking up that could scratch the tint or glass when installed.

Took about 30min to do both and a little soar fingers from the tools.

Again, Nice attention to detail!

I made replacements using a strip of new window felt. I used low cut flat head screws to re-attach them, The screw head lays below the felt to avoid contact with the glass

i was thinking of removing the rubber on the stop, and replace it with the rubber dip you can by at a local hardware store. They call it plati-dip???? i guess its used to rubber coat metal handles on tools. Though that would be a good replacement if needed. Mine seem to be in good shape and decided to leave it alone.

i would say its an option down the road if needed

what a good idea! Where does one get tinted aftermarket glass. Cool!

thanks!:thumbup:

All the parts places sell it. On CJP, after you pick the glass you get to choose the option of clear, tinted (factory green), or smoked (black tinted).

I am considering doing this to my car as I have chipped my rear window pretty bad anyway, I still have glue in on one door, and I also want tinted windows without the film.

I'd love to hear from others on the fitment of the aftermarket glass, and their feedback on the smoked glass.