Sign in to follow this  
det0326

roof rail weather strip retainer

Hi everyone

I purchased some roof rail weather strip retainer channels that

screws to the underside of the drip rail for my 69 fastback. This is the

stainless steel piece that the weather strip is secured to. It seems to fit OK around the A pillar and the door glass but at the back C pillar/quarter window area at the very end, it doesn't seem to have the right angle.

If I try bending it I'm thinking it will just kink the sides. Which leads me to my question do you think these are for a coupe. Does anyone have knowledge of what the fastback looks like compared to the coupe?

Thanks for any help

Dave

I agree with Buck. i recall them having a hard/sharpe corner and not a radiused corner. I recall how hard these where to get and the high cost though. mine had that relief cut to bend it in the sharp corner. Looks like the same base part but just that they are bent differently for the different roof lines.

You would have bought them second hand as used or NOS because there still are no "repops" of these stainless weatherstrip channels available.

Mine are out but they are in storage so its hard for me to compare. Look at some photos on ebay and maybe you can get a better idea just what you have.

You would have bought them second hand as used or NOS because there still are no "repops" of these stainless weatherstrip channels available.

Mine are out but they are in storage so its hard for me to compare. Look at some photos on ebay and maybe you can get a better idea just what you have.

Thanks guys for your replies. Yes these are used from mustang masters out of Florida. He says that he compared them to a fastback he had and they had the right shape as I said the front part fit great it is the back end that does not fit well and it could be possible to make them fit by maybe heating with torch and carefully bending a little bit. I just don't want to cause them to kink on the lip that holds the seal. I have attached some more pictures with it mounted and in the pic in the 1/4 window area you will see in the radius the lip has been cut with a grinder, this is the way I received it both side are like that.

dave

This is the spare set that I have for sale. They are not perfect by any means but should clean up pretty easily.

IMG_8665_zpsbaed265c.jpg

Thanks 69volunteer for the photo. after seeing yours compared to the ones that I bought I can till the difference and Buckeye Demon and etel64

your right the angle is sharper. So I guess the ones I have are for a coupe

and I need to return these 69 volunteer I am going to send you a PM.

Thanks everyone.