Sign in to follow this  
bomccorkle

SPI Epoxy primer.... do it

I just laid down my epoxy primer on my shell last night. Total newb at this bit so when I had ordered Barry (the owner) gave me his cell to help me set my gun up before spraying. Called and got his help and off I went. Got done spraying last night and went out and checked on it today. (BTW the stuff laid down so smooth it makes me look like a veteran) anywhoo I had a discoloration on 1 upper quarter, I wasn't sure so I called Barry (yes on a Sunday afternoon) and explained what was up. He was tons of help(it just happened to be a bit of blushing from the evening humidity fluxuation) and answered a ton of extra questions I had. I think we were on the phone for a good half hour or so and to boot on a Sunday afternoon after I've spent a whole $200 with him. Anyways my post is just to recommend spi and to tell everyone that I have never experienced such great customer service and that I plan to buy all the rest of my paint supplies there as well.

http://Www.southern polyurethanes.com

I just laid down my epoxy primer on my shell last night. Total newb at this bit so when I had ordered Barry (the owner) gave me his cell to help me set my gun up before spraying. Called and got his help and off I went. Got done spraying last night and went out and checked on it today. (BTW the stuff laid down so smooth it makes me look like a veteran) anywhoo I had a discoloration on 1 upper quarter, I wasn't sure so I called Barry (yes on a Sunday afternoon) and explained what was up. He was tons of help(it just happened to be a bit of blushing from the evening humidity fluxuation) and answered a ton of extra questions I had. I think we were on the phone for a good half hour or so and to boot on a Sunday afternoon after I've spent a whole $200 with him. Anyways my post is just to recommend spi and to tell everyone that I have never experienced such great customer service and that I plan to buy all the rest of my paint supplies there as well.

Www.southern polyurethanes.com

I saw one location for SPI in Ga. is this the one?

I too have spent time talking to Barry and he is first class, as is the product that he sells. My application of his SPI epoxy primer was for something a bit different then an automobile part and he still worked with me. I have nothing but praise for the man.

Www.southern polyurethanes.com

What kind of respiratory mask and filter do you use?

Is the ones with the charcoal filters suitable?

Thanks

Not advising this one bit but, I only have 3 rides to paint, if I were to make a good go at it I'd look into a ventilation hood. I currently have an evacuation system in my garage where I paint and I roll bareback, and Leave the room as soon as the spraying is done. You should he able to go thru 3m's site and find one suitable for solvent vapors, but if you are breathing anything a lot its the filler dust as you block sand.