Sign in to follow this  
Kris

Glove box light

Does anyone have a picture of what the correct glove box light looks like and the correct location of it? I have found 2 completely different lights and am not sure which is correct. The first one looks like the ash tray light with a 2 hole mounting plate across the top. It has a stand alone light and switch that are plug together and have 2 wires coming off it. One for power and the other for ground. The second one I found has a place on the back of the switch where the light is plugged into it to make it all one unit and it only has one wire for power. The ground appears to be the mounting point of the switch. Any ideas? Thanks

These are some of the better pictures I could find. The first picture is of the second one I described that is all one unit. The second picture is the first one I described. It is 2 separate parts and the light looks similar to a ash tray light to me but with a different mounting point. Which is correct for a 69?

My 69 fastback has the two piece unit. There is a small hole to the upper left of my glove box in the dash for the switch and the light mounts directly to the dash just to the right of the clock at the top of the glove box. I have a picture of the switch but I may have the dash off later and if I do I will post a pic of the light.

[ATTACH]14908[/ATTACH]

attachment.php?attachmentid=14906&d=1377945115

Kris,

That one looks like a 67/68 Mustang glove box light.

69map2_zps7d48a51f.jpg

That is the glove box light for the 69/70 Mustangs. They mount in the lower left of the r/s dash panel on the deluxe dash panel or in the center of the standard dash panel above where the clock would mount. Here is a pic from the back side of the deluxe dash showing where it would mount.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6992.0;attach=8700;image

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6992.0;attach=8700;image

correct me if I am wrong but the one that connects to the dash panel as shown in the picture is a map light (now the make a repop for) the one he is showing is the actual glove box light that hard mounts to the metal dash. My 69 has both the map light and the glove box light.

The map light and glove box light are one in the same. There are different versions for the deluxe (woodgrain) and standard (black) dashes but there is only one light and it mounts above the glove box in the dash panel.

The map light and glove box light are one in the same. There are different versions for the deluxe (woodgrain) and standard (black) dashes but there is only one light and it mounts above the glove box in the dash panel.

That's what I thought too. I have never seen a separate glove box light on a 69/70.