Sign in to follow this  
juit

I heard something odd about moog parts

I was at orielly looking for moog parts for my suspension a old guy that work in there told me that moog was being built in china, that the quality of their products has lowered the bar

he show me a box I was :no: he told me that this days it didnt matter what brand I get :death: unless I got the oldschool that didnt had grease fitting that were made in the US back in the days

is this true?

Edited by juit

From many bad experiences, I try to look elsewhere anytime something says made in China. If it says made in Mexico or Taiwan, I'll get it if I can't find one made in USA. If it says made in Europe or Canada, the quality is as good if not better than USA. There's my 2 cents.

From many bad experiences, I try to look elsewhere anytime something says made in China. If it says made in Mexico or Taiwan, I'll get it if I can't find one made in USA. If it says made in Europe or Canada, the quality is as good if not better than USA. There's my 2 cents.

+1...I follow the same path

I used McQuay-Norris lower control arms on my car. They were stamped out of much thicker steel than the Moog arms.

most companys make some parts and buy others from different companys.

infact, the pictures of the 1969 idler arms in the M-N online catalog can be found in the raybesto catalog and i'm pretty sure ac-delco as well as others are selling identical products.

Actually Moog is a Federal Mogul brand.............

http://aftermarket.federalmogul.com/en-US/Pages/home.aspx

I have been in a number of their plants around the globe. Production of aftermarket parts shifts based on economics, so you could have US made then next year production from off shore. Best to look at the box to see origen, since it has to say because of tariffs.