Sign in to follow this  
rmarks

Any difference between coupe and convertible door glass size?

I thought coupe and convertible door glass was interchangeable so I bought a passenger side coupe door glass off E-bay and when I got it found it to be shorter than the original piece by almost 2".

The shape and brackets (glued to it) are the same but the coupe glass I received is about 14" tall in the middle and the original convertible glass about 15 3/8".

Are they different or did I get glass from another vehicle?

I have 70 windows. I measured right around 15 inches at the middle between where the brackets attach and around 19 inches where the brackets attach. Wish I could be more help.

The reason I suggested it might be sportroof glass is because that seems like the simplest explanation and a reasonable explanation regarding a mistaken seller. The next reasonable explanation, to me, is that it belongs to an earlier model year. Surely the guy had good reason to believe it came from a Mustang, after all. He just got confused somehow.

The next reasonable explanation, to me, is that it belongs to an earlier model year. Surely the guy had good reason to believe it came from a Mustang, after all. He just got confused somehow.

Well it can't be an earlier model year Mustang as '69 was the 1st year with out the vent window (as well as the wide chrome trim along the top & back).

If it looks similar "just shorter" I'm betting it's Sportsroof glass.

As others said, '69 Coupes & Convertibles shared the same side glass ... same for '70, just with the switch to the bolt in style and moving the vertical gasket between the two from the door glass to the qtr. glass.

Doug

"As others said, '69 Coupes & Convertibles shared the same side glass ... same for '70, just with the switch to the bolt in style and moving the vertical gasket between the two from the door glass to the qtr. glass."

The convertible use a specific rear quarter window that is different than a coupe. Door glass is the same for coupe or convertible. Just depends on if you have bolt in or glue in.

Link to photos of the quarter glass differences.

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=9151&highlight=convertible+glass

The convertible use a specific rear quarter window that is different than a coupe. Door glass is the same for coupe or convertible. Just depends on if you have bolt in or glue in.

Link to photos of the quarter glass differences.

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=9151&highlight=convertible+glass

Wow, did not know that ... sorry I stated otherwise and thanks for correcting me.

Thought my brother & I had compared '69 Coupe & Conv. glass back in the 80's but I guess we did not look close enough at the quarter glass.

Doug