Sign in to follow this  
M70

Got a Week...What Upgrade?

Comin' back home for my 'rotation' & have got a solid week to put into this:

1970 Sportroof

The MECH

• 302 / C4 Auto

• 4100 Carb, Headers, mild build (I think)

• Mech (fuel, engine, trans) is all old...but works pretty good

• Cooling system overheats (think I need to bump the orig tiny looking radiator up to something more up to the duty)

• Elec is so-so...but charges, starts & functions (just damn-ugly half-axxed wiring)

The Under-Carriage

• Drum Brakes all corners
  • Orig Suspension
  • Pwr Steering (thinking abt going to manual...did it on a Barracuda & never looked back)
  • Think it's an 8" RE (sorry to admit - not much Mustang experience, more of a Mopar past...but the key word is 'past')

This car had some pretty decent mech-resto done on it about 15 years ago....I wanna make a nice Auto-Cross / Street car.

My question is: With 1 week to work, what would you do?

BTW, I'm not looking to be all 'Cheap-O', but I am also not looking to spend just to say that I did.

Thanks in advance.

M70

DISC BRAKES!!!! mustang Steve has a nice setup(but you have to run 17's but you did say autocross....) The new 13 inch dual piston brakes off the new mustangs. Or a set of adjustable strut rods if you tear into the front end for a manual conversion...

DISC BRAKES!!!! mustang Steve has a nice setup(but you have to run 17's but you did say autocross....) The new 13 inch dual piston brakes off the new mustangs. Or a set of adjustable strut rods if you tear into the front end for a manual conversion...

Yeah!!!

Got any links (in or out of this forum) for those New Mustang Brakes?

Edited by M70

"Radiator is about 2 hour job to drain, pull the old one & install new. I'm all about safety so disc brake upgrade .. if parts show up fast enough for ya it's not too difficult."

This dovetails well into my need to fix my overheating issue.

You answered your own question, solve the problems first. Fix the overheating problem before doing any upgrades, so you can drive and have some fun. What good are new discs, or sub frame connectors on a car you don't drive because it overheats?