Sign in to follow this  
jobba72324

Restoration on a 69 mach 1

Hi Guys

I will be replacing the engine or block. I've been in the auto body business for 34 years.

I do restorations for family and friends. Not for free.. lol....

I've always been a GM guy. So I figured I needed something different to do, My wife likes the Mach1 style so this restoration is for her. It's going to be her car.

If anybody need any advice, I 'll be glad to help out.

That's for the welcome.

Edited by jobba72324

Welcome to the community. Your build is a little better off than starting with a roof and a title, still alot of work. I'm shure your wife will like all of your hard work. I don't know if I would send her a bill for it though...lol

Nice job so far on that restore !! I just joined here also .... It took me 30 years to find my 69 Mach 1.. Just bought it Dec 5th. The shop just got her back from paint last week. Elanore gray and the shop is putting on the black. She will be out of restoration early this summer.

You, and your "crew" are getting this thing into shape, quickly. My wife doesn't even like to come out in my shop, much less want to pick up a welding lead. What "brand" are the front fenders, and did they fit? I went rear end first, and haven't bought the front end yet, but will get there one day. Your project is looking quite nice!

Yes I'm getting there. I get my father in law and wife maybe once a week for half a day. The fenders are from Mustang Unlimited. Some Taiwan brand. The fit is okay. The body lines on the door skins and the fenders are not prefect.

So I lined up the upper body lines first and then the bottom lines will need a little tlc to line up.

Edited by jobba72324

Installed Grab-A-Trac front and rear suspension kit 1" lowering springs in the front and 1" in the rear springs, Front and rear sway bars. Gas shocks, rebuilt brakes with new drums and lines. New upper and lower control arms, Rebuilt control valve and steering cylinder.

Now it's time for paint........:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

This week I'll sand and trim some body panels for assembly.

picture.php?albumid=203&pictureid=1697

picture.php?albumid=203&pictureid=1699

picture.php?albumid=203&pictureid=1700

picture.php?albumid=203&pictureid=1701