Sign in to follow this  
oconee1985

What would you pay for this 69 Coupe????

My son and I are wanting to buy a project 69. We prefer a fastback but a coupe wouldnt be bad either. Here is what the info i got on it. complete car other then rear bumper & driver quarter glass 6 cyclinder automatic 5 lug wheels body is solid with some surface rust little rust through on car some inside trunk at passenger wheel well little in floor at area below driver quarter glass rest of floor is solid rear glass is broke but have another inside rest of glass is good just taped plastic over windows to prevent rain from entering car don't know if will run or not havn't tried to start it small dent on passenger lower rear quarter in front of wheel where damaged when loaded on trailer good car to restore and at a fair price for condition have title

I think coupes are too plentiful to mess with one that has several serious issues. Id be saving a few more bucks and getting a real clean coupe or keep looking for a fastback if I had to do that much work. In answer to your question no more than 500.

As a comparison for you I just purchased a 69 coupe. It has already had all the body panels replaced new fenders, floors, fiberglass trunk w/spoiler and quarter extensions, new dash pad, new bumpers, running 351 really only needed put back together and new brakes but im doing a resto on it to get it complete. I paid $2,000

I agree with everyone, for a T code coupe that needs absolutely everything the cost of even just all the parts with all your own labor will probably exceed the finish value of the car unfortunately. It is a project for sure, a long term one, so if it is more about the journey with your son and the opprotunity to learn every skill required for a complete restoration more so then the value or total investment required then I'm all for seeing another one get saved and brought back from the dead but it becomes a long and very frssutrating journey when you start to get in over your head throwing good money after bad with litte return.

Welcome to the site BTW!

Thanks. It defintely is going to be for the time and learning experience with my son.

I suspect by the fact that you are asking the question of what it is worth that you and your son are not in the trade or well skilled in fixing motor vehicles. On that assumption I will do what I always do and warn you off "project" cars like this one. Try to find something that is already in "ok" driving condition. The cost of these sort of cars are not that much more than "projects" and will still give you and your son plenty of experience and quality time together (believe you me!!). They will also give you the benefit of having something to drive and play with to keep the motivation up.

There is nothing worse than getting half way through a project and loosing interest just because it becomes too much. And it most probably will.