Sign in to follow this  
Phils69

Magnums & BFG

Thanks for the response guys. The fronts would be .4" wider per side than I am running now. I'll try to get a measurement to see if the a arms will clear. I'm really hoping the rears will clear without rolling the fenders. I have 5 leaf springs so it does sit pretty high. Probaly gonna go ahead and pull the trigger and order them from Summit this weekend.

I have a 235/60/14 on it now and it has 3.5" from the top of the tire to the bottom of the fender lip. The 275/60/15 shows an increase of 1.5" per side so I'm hoping it will fit. This is no weight on the car though. Those 5 leafs has it sitting pretty high. If I have to roll them it would be no biggie as I have not had the body/paint work done yet. I'm hoping the .785" width difference per side won't be a interference problem.

Im waiting on my center caps so I'll try and post some pics this weekend. My suspension is stock style with opentracker stuff up front and 5 leaf in the rear. I'm partial to the magnums for rims as the black inlay matches my black interior and hood. The wide sidewall tires fill the wheel well nicely on the size I got.

As you can tell that is the original paint. I'm gonna go back with original white Mach 1 scheme i guess although i love red on these cars. I started on the mechanical side of the resto and have finished that with the latest barrage of additions. The Randall's rack steering and front disc brakes I'd say have been the best additions for creature comfort. I'm about 75% done with the interior. Still have the door panels to do and need to refurb the steering wheel or get a new one. I am hoping to have the paint and body done by next summer but have to see how the $ goes. I'm a machinist and CNC programmer by trade so I feel comfortable with anything mechanical but I'm working 70 hours a week right now and will have to sub out the paint and body.