Sign in to follow this  
Mike65

Repo door hinges?

As anyone purchased the repo door hinges, & are they any good?. I need a r/s lower, the hinge pin holes in the hinge are oval so I am thinking of just replacing it.

If the holes are out of round where the pin goes easier to replace hinge because drilling them ,out unless you have a drill press to hold centered is dam near impossible.How do I know just say been there done that.New ones work fine.

The hinge kit i sent the link for tells you step by step how to do it, I dont have a drill press and di mine by hand, it was very east, and as bad as my holes were wollered out it was really easy haha...besides all you do is use the existig hole as a guide and cut away...My build went perfect with very minimual effort....IMHO if you own a Classic mustang then that means your a smart enough fellow to keep it up and going so the hinges should be no problem.

Just remember to mark you hinges and take pics and take one set apart at a time :)

And yes this kit addresses work out holes, you wear them out BIGGER and put in his stuff

Mike

I used the kit from mustangsteve. I diassembled all 4 of mine one at a time and zip-tied each pair together, gave them to a friend to sandblast. Had one part that had a cracked spring hole, welded up and cleaned. Drilled them out in a vise. Put the spacer in, held in with a bolt and nut while I welded them. Tapped the bushings in, set the pin and tacked it in place. Piece of cake.