Sign in to follow this  
turboclevor

turboclevor's 69 coupe build

i found a 69 vert that it dirt cheap and i was thinking about either doing a gt500 clone or something along the lines of this

Frank Kolarik's 1969 Mustang GT Convertible - 4

what do you guys think?

That 69 Vert looks nice but those big wheels look so out of place on a classic Mustang, they have got to go.

the idea was to have the fastback side scoops and widen the rear end of the car at the same time

Yep, this is what I'm considering for my '70 vert. The shop doing my car has '69 quarter panels we've been talking about putting on my ride, then custom fabbing a trunk lid mod to make it work with the fastback quarters.

wow... just realized how long its been since i posted progress here with school starting up again, and other projects moving to the top of the list the 69 has been patiently waiting. Really all i have done is put different seat mounts in and finish weld the floor. I have been working on my 67 fastback which has been neglected for years and hasn't seen a country road since 2010 which is sad because that is all that is around. well here is a pic of the 67 that i took yesterday...

[ATTACH]12318[/ATTACH]

thanks guys, i am always open to any and all suggestions so if you think something would be cool just tell me and i will try to incorporate that into the car

Here's a very cool way to widen the quarters.

Edited by gsxrken
trying to embed video

UPDATE! finally i started working on the 69 again got the front end mocked in place still need rear inner aprons and door skins but making good progress now that i have more i can do

weird ho fast this

[ATTACH]12713[/ATTACH]

can turn into this

[ATTACH]12714[/ATTACH]

UPDATE! finally i started working on the 69 again got the front end mocked in place still need rear inner aprons and door skins but making good progress now that i have more i can do

weird ho fast this

[ATTACH]12713[/ATTACH]

can turn into this

[ATTACH]12714[/ATTACH]