Sign in to follow this  
pimpinx7

What does a Sith Lord drive?

well, finally after a million years the guy i was buying my car from got back from Ohio.. and he brought the title for my rusty old sexy car! It's a 69' mustang. has a 30 over 302 and alot of rat poop under the hood lol! The story behind it goes like this.

so this parents i bought the car from have two sons.. blah blah blah. in short one of them got pissed of and tried to run away from home in the mustang that had bald tires on it. and wrecked the car. it busted one of the shock towers. the dad got it towed home and so it sat just like that for about 10 years..

so now i bought it for $1500.. its alot more solid than it looks.. the only places that need metal work are the quarters door skins and the floor boards.. the surface just has a light surface rust over it. all the jambs and everywhere you would expect rust look great! so the plans are to make something "BA" to drive and slide every once in a while.. not doing a nice factory restore at all.. and i plan on slamming it..static, its the only way..

so lest have some fun!!!!

7325053592_d7507dc48d_c.jpg

IMAG0006 by pimpinx7, on Flickr

7324970298_9593e75cbf_c.jpg

IMAG0005 (1) by pimpinx7, on Flickr

to buckeye demon: the car is in Ga with me.. he lived in ohio for a while and left the title to the car up there.. its a GA titled car. and the car only looks bad because the kids decided to sand it down and paint it with rattle can lol! its only surface rust for the most part. only the quarters and door skins are bad enough to replace.. the rest of the car is solid.. from what i have seen to this point. and i crawled all over as much of it as i could.

great choices on the cars... that camaro pic is awesome.. yes im a ford guy! the darkness of evil... the distant planet location... the head gear.. lol

if you get anywhere close to those three in looks and stance.. its going to look amazing..!! cant wait to see the progress!!!! :biggrin:

Gratzz! Take tons of pictures of every .. every .. angle. Did I say every enuff?

Bag & Tag everything, in fact buy stock in Glad Sandwhich bags!

Tear down can be very fun =) Being able to remeber where everything goes back will make life so much easier on the other side

lol! so very true.. guess the good thing about older cars is there isnt alot to take apart compared to todays cars. i'd kill myself if i had to do an engine swap on my wife's lincoln ls. i pulled the whole drivetrain from a 67 camaro at work in about 4 hours.. it took me 4 days to pull the drivetrain from a f350 we have for towing at the shop!

Yea they are easy compared to the new ones. But I gotta tell ya, I pulled the dash out of my 74 panel van two months ago and I can't remember where a damn thing goes now. I think I will have a few nuts and bolts left over. lol

i always have extra lol! atleast on my cars.. there is just some things that dont really need the overkill amount of bolt the factory used.. or if i know its going to get taken off and put back on 10000000 times ill skip a few

got the engine and trans pulled today! only took about 4 hours total, including cleaning a huge mess of trans fluid up lol! my data usage is full on my phone so you'll have to wait till next weekend for pic heavy updates.. but there coming