Sign in to follow this  
SWPruett

Artist Rendering?

Hello all,

I have been wanting to have an artist rendering done of my car in it's "planned" configuration but have been pretty put out with the excetricities and lack of follow-through of the few "artists' I have contacted to do this type of work.

Can anyone recommend a good, reliable artist that has done classic Mustang work before? Can anyone share any examples of work you've had done and reviews of the experience? Also, how close to the finished project was the rendering in the end?

I have to admit that Foose and Taylor make it look sooooooo easy and their finished cars seems spot-on for the most part. Just hoping to get something close to that level on my project.

Anyone have any experiences to share?

Thanks!

All of the illustrations I have done have been in charcoal which would not be of much use if you are looking for a color illustration. I have not yet experimented with Prismacolor markers (which is what Chip Foose and nearly every illustrator use). A really good color illustration utilizes several techniques. Starting with a pen outline, covered over with marker, softened with airbrush and highlighted with a paint brush.