Sign in to follow this  
edwards54

Break problem

Hello to all:

I have a 1969 fastback with 4 wheel drums. I rebuilt them last year and have a problem with the response I get from them. Sometimes when I push hard on the brake the car (front end, wheel) jerks to the drivers side. I will take them apart this weekend but does anyone have any guesses to what wrong? What could possibly cause this problem?

Thanks

Bob

Had the same problem with my first 68 mustang, this thing would put you in the ditch,

I tried adjusting brakes countless times, new hardware and shoes, wheel cyls, master cyl, etc...

I would go for the prop valve or dist block ...May have a crack in a line or a leak also

Mike

I would start with the spelling of "break" first and change it to brake :w00t: Just ribbing ya. Yes check the measurement of the drums and the condition of the wheel cylinders (one seized/sticking) Any fluid or contaminants in the drums ?

Back in the mid 70's when I starting driving my first 2 Mustangs were 4 wheel drum brakes & what you are describing sounds like the drivers side brake is adjusted tighter the the passengers side.