Sign in to follow this  
kjwalters

New guy

Hello everyone, I am new to this site, not new to performance forums by any means. But I thought I would say hello since I have just purchase a 69 Mach1 and would like to start modifying the car since i never leave well enough alone.

The car has had a frame off resto so she is clean.

My plans are to mini tube or whatever it takes to fit a good size tire under the rear. Re do the leaf spring suspension to coil over and add some nice wheels.

I really dont know much about 69070 stangs, this is my first. I am hoping the vast knowledge base here will not mind helping to point me in the right direction.

Anyway, thanks everyone.

Jamie

Welcome Jamie.

Take a look through the Projects forum. Tons of cool threads there. The fabrication skills of some of the people here is absolutely incredible. Lots of different approaches to solve common problems, lots of inspiration.

This is also a very friendly site. So post up some pics of your project because we all like to follow along.

Welcome!

Who did your frame off resto?

:001_tongue:

The first thing to learn about these mustangs is that the frame and body are integral and there is no way to separate the frame and the body in a way that you have two separate parts with wheels and engine on one half (frame) and a body on another half.

They may have replaced the floor or stripped it to bare metal, maybe they even did a rotisserie. I'm interested in if they gave you pictures of what they did.

Edited by TexasEd