Sign in to follow this  
70Mach03

1969 Mustang GT Saleen 4.6

Probably the best that I've seen. If I understand the description they took and '50 mustang and basically fit '69 sheet metal to it. Great example but would be a TON of work to pull off.

Didn't know they made a 50 Mustang? haha. The description stated they fit the body on a 2005 chassis.

Probably the best that I've seen. If I understand the description they took and '50 mustang and basically fit '69 sheet metal to it. Great example but would be a TON of work to pull off.

Didn't know they made a 50 Mustang? haha. The description stated they fit the body on a 2005 chassis.

With all that work, I would have suggested making sure wheels fit better underneath the car. Looks nice and I am sure a lot or work, but to me, looks like it is going to go 4WD after the show.

That's exactly what I was thinking. A great concept and great workmanship. But the wheels look a bit off. I'm guessing those are 18x9...I think 17x8 would look better and should still fit the brakes. It looks like the front wheels don't sit in the wheel well properly.

But...I wouldn't mind having all the comforts of a modern car with the externals of a '69. Pretty nice overall, nothing too over the top.

I noticed it has antique plates. I guess that means the car is registered as a '69. I wonder how they managed that with the bones of the car being an '05?

With all that work, I would have suggested making sure wheels fit better underneath the car. Looks nice and I am sure a lot or work, but to me, looks like it is going to go 4WD after the show.

That's exactly what I was thinking. A great concept and great workmanship. But the wheels look a bit off. I'm guessing those are 18x9...I think 17x8 would look better and should still fit the brakes. It looks like the front wheels don't sit in the wheel well properly.

But...I wouldn't mind having all the comforts of a modern car with the externals of a '69. Pretty nice overall, nothing too over the top.

I noticed it has antique plates. I guess that means the car is registered as a '69. I wonder how they managed that with the bones of the car being an '05?

Looks to be the same way they built the "sn-65" , if you have never seen it. Do a search. Pretty interesting way to tackle it.

Looks to be the same way they built the "sn-65" , if you have never seen it. Do a search. Pretty interesting way to tackle it.