Sign in to follow this  
Pakrat

Abandoned pony cars in Japan.

Such a waste. I know cars are expensive for the Japanese. Last company I worked for I dealt with some Japanese reps. All I had was a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee and they were in awe and thought I was rich. It seems that the imports in Japan are taxed heavely and most can not afford an american car.

The older the car is in Japan, the more taxes/fees/registration you have to pay on it every year. That's why there are so many junked low mileage imports over in the salvage yards there (which started the JDM "swap" craze over here in the states).

When the car's a few years old it's cheaper to just buy new than pay to keep a good older car going. I'm sure it would cost a fortune to register/drive those in Japan, most likely why they're just sitting rotting away.

What a shame.

Bit of a waste but none of them look to be in too good a shape.

I thought the funniest part when one of the responses said, "I think he's canadian. He said "Zed" instead of "Z" I could be wrong tho.". Haha yea dickhead, you could be wrong.

he's an aussie, and that zed-28 was an original 70-1/2 RS Z-28, rare car here in the states and probably one of one or maybe two in japan if i were guessing

That's assuming it's a real Z-28... because those are more faked than Shelbys! LOL

he's an aussie, and that zed-28 was an original 70-1/2 RS Z-28, rare car here in the states and probably one of one or maybe two in japan if i were guessing

That's assuming it's a real Z-28... because those are more faked than Shelbys! LOL