Sign in to follow this  
1969mustang

My 1969 Mach 1 Restoration

Hey 69 - I see your car has tach cluster. Assume it is an original tach car? I was wondering which warning lights you see with the key in the ON position? My car was converted to OEM tach and have none that come on with key on.

I am not 100 percent sure that it is original to the car because my dad has accumulated parts from several 69s over the years but to answer your question the best that I can remember the only light that comes on with the key in the on position before starting is the ALT light.

I put a mechanical oil pressure gauge in the place of the old oil pressure sending unit and also a mechanical water temp gauge. I mounted them in a shelby gauge pod in the console. So far I like them being there. I know where your coming from with the lights though. We just recently replaced a few bulbs in the instrument cluster so that all of my other lights would work. We got everything working except for the right turn signal indicator. I believe I damaged my printed circuit because it was working until I started replacing other bulbs and putting the dash in but it's not to big of a deal because I am going to also use the turn signal indicators in the hood scoop. Good luck with yours I know it can be a pain in the butt.