Sign in to follow this  
blazeone

Where can i find these?

The only thing that I know of that takes a special tool is the 69 ignition switch. I haven't tried to remove the headlight switch on my 69 but I will be doing so in the near future, which means I'll be getting another education in Mustang Restoration...LOL You may have to replace the entire headlight switch. Here is one from CJ Pony parts.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/SCOTT-DRAKE-HEADLIGHT-SWITCH-1970/p/D0ZZ11654A/

Now that I have a clear picture in my mind of what you need, You are right. They don't make a repop of these. I have read some other forums and found the threads to be 24tpi on a 7/16" shaft. That is a very odd combination. Some guys have gone to a machine shop and had them turn one out while others have used a die and cleaned up their threads. The machine shop can turn one out but not sure what it would cost. The only other alternative would be to search the parts yards. There has been a lot of reference to Mustang parts yards in a lot of threads on here but I can't seem to remember where they are. Also from my findings, just about any 69/70 Mustang retainer switch will work, IE; Coupe, fastback or convertable. We'll keep looking and let us know what you find.