Sign in to follow this  
Daves69Coupe

Questions

Pic#1 - Is the wire black with a green tracer? If it is I believe it is an ignition switch accessory wire.

Pic#2 - Looks like the chassis ground, the loose end bolts to the back of the passenger side head.

Yes its black and green. Where is this wired to? Starter solenoid?

1. My book says a black wire with green went from the + side of the starter solenoid ( connected to the battery) to the voltage regulator.

2 That is your main ground connection from the engine to the chassis. It connects from the back of the passenger's side cylinder head to the firewall.

3. don't know

4. yes, this is definately where the vacuum booster connects.

1. My book says a black wire with green went from the + side of the starter solenoid ( connected to the battery) to the voltage regulator.

2 That is your main ground connection from the engine to the chassis. It connects from the back of the passenger's side cylinder head to the firewall.

3. don't know

4. yes, this is definately where the vacuum booster connects.

The green and black wire comes from the firewall so it can't be the one that goes from the starter solenoid to the regulator.

So does it go to the electric choke as chillinh stated?

According to the schematic the black/green wire runs between the ignition switch and the fuse block. Here is a link to the schematic Dave, should be handy in your current project phase.

http://www.themustangshop.com/resources.cfm

Yea I know where the green and black wire is under the dash but I dont see one in any of the diagrams for one coming out of the firewall and being just long enough to be going to the solenoid.

pic 1 What is this wire for? Radio?

Don't know till you verify the other end of it.

Pic 2 where does this grounded to? Whats it for?

Chassis ground to rear of engine block.

Pic 3 are these vacuum lines for the brake booster fitting in manifold?

No they are for the heat water control valve and main feed to dash controls that connects to vac canister which will have a vac line to tree where booster connects.

Pic 4 is fitting in right spot? Yes

Next question ;)

The vac lines go to the vacuum canister that is on the wheel side of the rear passenger inner fender. They are for A/C and should then go under the dash.

If I'm following your black/green wire correctly, it appears it is coming out of the heater hose (for non a/c cars) grommet area of the firewall. That isn't the correct routing, so its likely a wire that is spliced somewhere onto your dash harness that the PO just ran through any hole in the firewall he could find. Chase the wire to your underdash harness and see what it connects to. My guess is the PO ran a switched 12v wire to a electric choke on aftermarket carb.

so these vac lines do go to the brake booster fitting in manifold then?

Im pretty sure the fitting has 3 connections coming off of it, is that correct?

No, the 1/8 in vac lines are to operate heaters water control valve and dash panel vents.

The short one from the firewall will attach to the water valve, the longer one will go to the vac can at the pass inner fender, this supplies the vac to dash controls. There will be a 1/4 in vac line from the fender can to the manifolds tree, this supplies vac to the can.