Sign in to follow this  
bswor

New tshirt ideas post them here

I'm still open to new ideas on the shirt. We will get serious at the beginning of next month. I'll talk to the printer and see what limitations they have (what will work and what won't) as far as full photos being printed on the shirt etc.

I was just looking at pics of a '69 and '70 boss side by side comparison and it made we wonder how the frontal shot of the car would look as a two face, with half one year and half the other chopped together?

I was just looking at pics of a '69 and '70 boss side by side comparison and it made we wonder how the frontal shot of the car would look as a two face, with half one year and half the other chopped together?

I'm gonna bring back an old idea i had for the first run. take the the third pic that racer posted and have a matching 70 as a mirror image on the other side so that the space between them is like a big upside down v and put a drag race christmas tree between the two of them. that would look awesome on a white t-shirt or you could do an inverse of the same image with a white outline to the cars and put it on a black shirt. i wish i had the skills to draw what i'm talking about but i think Pak could do a reasonable chop to kind of get the effect anyway.

pulling this one up from last year .. guess it's Mustang Week again LOL

Let's come up with a design and get some shirts .. My local club uses a printer that can put the design on shirts, cups, mouse pads, liscense plates =) There are proabably the same printers all over the country that can do it these days.

Anyone have more thoughts?

I like RacerX's third pic and stick the 69stang logo under it, simple and cool looking. Thinking a little logo on the front and larger logo on the back.

The nice thing about racerx's 3rd pic is that the car is whatever color the t-shirt is made of so it would have a wide appeal. I also like Paks modern rendition of the old Mustang ad. The license plate would need to be darkened out if the .com is at the top. Either way, I would buy a couple, so I hope someone takes the lead on getting some made this year.

I looked around online and found this place where it looks like anyone can order the same design, swap colors.

http://www.customink.com/designs/69stang/trt0-000q-byrr/share/?pc=EMAIL-40778&cm_mmc=share-_-emailb-_-button-_-end

The shirt in the pic is orange ... my favorite color .. but they have lots of colors too. See whatcha think?

Just to be safe I sent an email to the 69stang.com mailbox. I don't see a registered trademark on the logo or anything, but I don't want someone coming back saying it wasn't "authorized"

So if anyone monitors the mailbox let me know. :biggrin:

I'm thinking of ordering some

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 412.5pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in" class=MsoNormalTable border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 7.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; WIDTH: 153.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in" vAlign=top width=205>

Retrieve your saved design from CustomInk<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 7.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; WIDTH: 412.5pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in" vAlign=top width=550>

Hope the link works!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I'm planning to order this direct using the design in the link. The only thing I plan to change is the color of the text on the back will be white to make it stand out better. I may not get a group discount, but we don't seem to be making any progress in getting these made.

I hope no one objects.

Just to be safe I sent an email to the 69stang.com mailbox. I don't see a registered trademark on the logo or anything, but I don't want someone coming back saying it wasn't "authorized"

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 412.5pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 border=0><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 7.5pt; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 153.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" vAlign=top width=205>Retrieve your saved design from CustomInk<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 7.5pt; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 412.5pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" vAlign=top width=550>

Hope the link works!

The Tshirt company is having a difficult time getting the original copy of the pic to fit the back of the shirt. Not sure if anyone has a larger copy of what RacerX had posted. Here's my attempt at enlarging.

[ATTACH]13819[/ATTACH]

Send me the original pic and tell me what size you want it. I should be able to enlarge it with out loss of resolution.

edit, just grabbed the original from page 1, just let me know the desired size.

Edited by Pakrat

I looked around online and found this place where it looks like anyone can order the same design, swap colors.

http://www.customink.com/designs/69stang/trt0-000q-byrr/share/?pc=EMAIL-40778&cm_mmc=share-_-emailb-_-button-_-end

The shirt in the pic is orange ... my favorite color .. but they have lots of colors too. See whatcha think?

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 412.5pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in" class=MsoNormalTable border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 7.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; WIDTH: 153.75pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in" vAlign=top width=205>Retrieve your saved design from CustomInk<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 7.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; WIDTH: 412.5pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in" vAlign=top width=550>

Hope the link works!

I'd be carefull about just taking someone's design. Just because you don't see a registered trademark, doesn't mean someone doesn't own that design. Actually, someone does in fact own that design. The question is more along the lines of are they ok with you using it. I use to make t-shirt designs before my current profession, and I would be pissed if someone was using my work without me getting paid for it. It's just not right, even if you are just wanting a one-off shirt design as an enthusiast.

Some of my designs are still floating around out there (and I still get a very small amount of $ from them). I'm planning on making something for the 69 Mustang and Galaxie crowd on my free time (I just post the shirt desing online but don't deal with the actual selling/distributing of shirts. I only get ~$1.50-$2.00 per shirt).