Sign in to follow this  
stangman68

convenience lights/dash

Does anyone know much about the one or two lights located on the dash. PARK & BELT?? My question, there is a belt light option in the tach dash panel. What determined if your car got the two chrome bezels drilled into the metal dash. I've seen some car's with just one lite...the PARK. Or both.....and some with the PARK in the dash, and the BELT in the tach panel.....Thanks.

Does anyone know much about the one or two lights located on the dash. PARK & BELT?? My question, there is a belt light option in the tach dash panel. What determined if your car got the two chrome bezels drilled into the metal dash. I've seen some car's with just one lite...the PARK. Or both.....and some with the PARK in the dash, and the BELT in the tach panel.....Thanks.

The PARK warning light came with the visibility group option. The BELT warning light came with the Deluxe belt option. On a tach dash car, both were in holes below the cluster. On a non-tach dash car, one was in the cluster and one was in a hole below it. I don't recall right off hand which one could be in the cluster but I think it was the BELT light.

The PARK warning light came with the visibility group option. The BELT warning light came with the Deluxe belt option. On a tach dash car, both were in holes below the cluster. On a non-tach dash car, one was in the cluster and one was in a hole below it. I don't recall right off hand which one could be in the cluster but I think it was the BELT light.

Yep, I just bought a 69 tach cluster w/wiring harness. It had 2 chrome light bezels in the lower metal dash, upper was empty but clearly a factory made hole. The lower hole was the park bezel. This particular car (or dash anyway) also had a "door switch" type switch in the glove box for the map light I think (as well as a locking glove box lock.) The old guy that sold it to me said the car had cruise control as well (which I also got but it says ac cruisemaster under the crud so I am guessing that was an aftermarket addon.)

Yep, I just bought a 69 tach cluster w/wiring harness. It had 2 chrome light bezels in the lower metal dash, upper was empty but clearly a factory made hole. The lower hole was the park bezel. This particular car (or dash anyway) also had a "door switch" type switch in the glove box for the map light I think (as well as a locking glove box lock.) The old guy that sold it to me said the car had cruise control as well (which I also got but it says ac cruisemaster under the crud so I am guessing that was an aftermarket addon.)

do you have any pics of the cruise system? It may be that the servo unit was replace at one time and that AC unit was what they had available. the stock Ford system was basically and aftermarket Bendix unit with specific switches for the car it was installed in mustang/cougar, full size, Lincoln, etc.

I can take a pic- but the only thing I got was the metal box (no ford numbers- just the ac cruisemaster under the dirt/grease. The turn signal switch that I thought was original has a rubber tip (black) with a black button (which after consulting ebay- doesn't look like OEM) I didn't get the accelerator part, or the vacuum ball thingy or the oem cruise on/off switch So I am pretty sure I have wasted money here (but I don't mind sharing- I still got a deal- tach cluster complete 75$, complete tach wiring including the under hood wires 25$- which I will save for my next 69 project (hopefully a sportsroof) Still I will post a pic if someone wants to see the cruise set up. (and I do hope someone says its original- I just was goo goo eyed with all the mustang stuff and didn't do my homework.)

Wow you stole that tach setup! Don't expect the servo to be a Ford part. I think there were two manufacturers of the servo but its been FOREVER since I've discussed cruise control on these cars. Might do a search on here or the VMF for more info

Ive got a factory lower dash with both holes in it from the factory, one for park and one for belts. Unfortunatly I sold the 2 lights a while back, but if you need the lower dash, or just measurements, feel free to yell. Its a non-a/c dash. Im not using it.

My car originally was a non tach car but did have the set belt indicator light on the face of one of the gauges. Didn't all non-tach cars have this? Was it nothing more than a light delay that would stay on for 10-15 seconds when you turned the key on?

Also, I assume the park indicator came on when the parking brake was on?

My car originally was a non tach car but did have the set belt indicator light on the face of one of the gauges. Didn't all non-tach cars have this? Was it nothing more than a light delay that would stay on for 10-15 seconds when you turned the key on?

Also, I assume the park indicator came on when the parking brake was on?

IIRC the seat belt light would light when the parking brake was set.

I think you meant park light there Mike ;)

Only cars with the Deluxe Belts and Warning Light option came with the seat belt light. I think the Convenience Group option is where the park brake came with

I think you meant park light there Mike ;)

Only cars with the Deluxe Belts and Warning Light option came with the seat belt light. I think the Convenience Group option is where the park brake came with

Ooops brain fart, yea thats what I meant.:blushing:

Hi! Thought I'd bring this thread up again instead of creating a new one.

Im in the process of restoring a park indicator light and the chrome bezel will need alot of work to look mint. So I was searching the web and found these at CJ HW718.jpg

http://www.cjponyparts.com/CONTROL-PANEL-WARNING-LIGHT-BEZELS---LENSES-1967-1968/p/HW718/

From what I can tell they look identical to the 69-70 lenses.

I also have a couple of 69 Cougar XR7 door ajar switches that I found in a local swap meet, so when I saw this picture with the "Door lens" an urge started to grow to throw them into the stang..

So, will they fit or not?

I also have a couple of 69 Cougar XR7 door ajar switches that I found in a local swap meet, so when I saw this picture with the "Door lens" an urge started to grow to throw them into the stang..

So, will they fit or not?

I'm sure they would work. There might be a slight difference in the PARK light from '68 to '69 that only a purist would notice but it looks very close. As far as the door light, if you've got the correct switch (3-pins instead of 2, I think) it should work, just wire it like a Cougar :laugh: Of course, Mustangs didn't get that option so you'll have to drill an incorrect hole in the lower dash (or wherever you choose to put it)

Thanks! I got them yesterday and switched the park bezel, it looks fantastic!!

For the door warning i was thinking of placing the light above the ignition an wiper switch, didn't tach cars have a seat belt light there?

Im not sure i follow you on the 3-pin switch, i have two switches with the same design as the park brake switch, only they mount inside the door latch. :)