Sign in to follow this  
MikeStang

Need some a/c help guys

Ok,

So I'm helping a friend put his ac system back on his mach1....

I have several different parts he gave me, and I know where they should go but they don't seem to fit, and I know they should lol so I have several part numbers and would like to know if they are 69 parts.....if I remember the 69 Mach with a 351w and ac, ps, and alt have specific one year only kinda parts?

Here are the part numbers

D5DH-2882BA

D0AA-2882-E.....these numbers are the ones on the main bracket that ac compressor sits on......but I don't think either of these are for a 69.....there is no center hole for the power steering bolt to go in....

D0AA-8A617

SPC........these numbers were on the idler pulley.....

D00E

10A336-A1

10009578-2

These are the numbers on all the parts I have.....

The compressor appears to be a reman 4 seasons unit with a double v-belt pulley on it.

I cannot even find any decent pictures of the 69 ac setup

Help me plz

mike

Ok,

So I'm helping a friend put his ac system back on his mach1....

I have several different parts he gave me, and I know where they should go but they don't seem to fit, and I know they should lol so I have several part numbers and would like to know if they are 69 parts.....if I remember the 69 Mach with a 351w and ac, ps, and alt have specific one year only kinda parts?

Here are the part numbers

D5DH-2882BA

D0AA-2882-E.....these numbers are the ones on the main bracket that ac compressor sits on......but I don't think either of these are for a 69.....there is no center hole for the power steering bolt to go in....

D0AA-8A617

SPC........these numbers were on the idler pulley.....

D00E

10A336-A1

10009578-2

These are the numbers on all the parts I have.....

The compressor appears to be a reman 4 seasons unit with a double v-belt pulley on it.

I cannot even find any decent pictures of the 69 ac setup

Help me plz

mike

I have no idea what the correct parts are but....

First character = decade

C = 60s, D = 70s, etc

Second character = year

D5 = 75, D0 = 70

A C9 or earlier part would be appropriate for a 69 car with the exception of a later part being used as a service replacement.

I have no idea what the correct parts are but....

First character = decade

C = 60s, D = 70s, etc

Second character = year

D5 = 75, D0 = 70

A C9 or earlier part would be appropriate for a 69 car with the exception of a later part being used as a service replacement.

Following up on Racer's comments, it appears your parts are all from a newer car or cars. Newer means that the 351W was not used, it was a 351C. So the odds are none of the parts can be used.

Following up on Racer's comments, it appears your parts are all from a newer car or cars. Newer means that the 351W was not used, it was a 351C. So the odds are none of the parts can be used.

Yeah thats kinda what i was thinking Danno....I know the ac compressor base bracket can be used, BUT i will have to drill and tap a center bolt hole for the PS pump bolt to fit into......

Wasnt 69 the only year for this type of set up in our mustangs?

If so i may play hell finding these brackets.

Mike

Yeah thats kinda what i was thinking Danno....I know the ac compressor base bracket can be used, BUT i will have to drill and tap a center bolt hole for the PS pump bolt to fit into......

Wasnt 69 the only year for this type of set up in our mustangs?

If so i may play hell finding these brackets.

Mike

If someone could post some pictures of a 69 302 compressor bracket and a pic of a 69 351 bracket I might be able to help. I know a guy that has 3 compressor brackets but I'm not sure if they are for a 69 302 or the 351 .

If someone could post some pictures of a 69 302 compressor bracket and a pic of a 69 351 bracket I might be able to help. I know a guy that has 3 compressor brackets but I'm not sure if they are for a 69 302 or the 351 .

Okay, I found a compressor mounting bracket and a tensioner pulley top bracket currently available on ebay supposedly for the application you are working on.

Also check out the following link for pulley info. There are WAY too many pullies to go through so just find the application you are working on and go from there. Hope this helps, Bruce

http://mustangtek.com/pulley/Pulley.html

Okay, I found a compressor mounting bracket and a tensioner pulley top bracket currently available on ebay supposedly for the application you are working on.

Also check out the following link for pulley info. There are WAY too many pullies to go through so just find the application you are working on and go from there. Hope this helps, Bruce

http://mustangtek.com/pulley/Pulley.html

Thanks Bruce...

The base bracket on the left are the right ones...the ones i have dont have the third hole in the center for the PS pump bolt....I can cut and thread the hole on that one, and it appears as tho i have the correct other bracket as well, but because the compressor i have has a double belt set up on it, it rubs on the tensioner bolt.....may have to change the clutch and pulley :-/

Thanks Bruce...

The base bracket on the left are the right ones...the ones i have dont have the third hole in the center for the PS pump bolt....I can cut and thread the hole on that one, and it appears as tho i have the correct other bracket as well, but because the compressor i have has a double belt set up on it, it rubs on the tensioner bolt.....may have to change the clutch and pulley :-/

I am pretty sure that in 69 they had a idler pully below the compressor. Mine did not have one, but I added one to stop vibration in the belt. They had a problem that was fixed in 1970 on the 351C and on the 302 by adding a idler below the ocmpressor.

I am pretty sure that in 69 they had a idler pully below the compressor. Mine did not have one, but I added one to stop vibration in the belt. They had a problem that was fixed in 1970 on the 351C and on the 302 by adding a idler below the ocmpressor.

yes there is a idler pulley with the 351W AC, mine seized and was removed by the previous owner, i didn't know it, kicked on my AC and belt went crazy... took it to an old school mechanic in 94.. he replaced the idler and it worked like a champ for many years!!!

yes there is a idler pulley with the 351W AC, mine seized and was removed by the previous owner, i didn't know it, kicked on my AC and belt went crazy... took it to an old school mechanic in 94.. he replaced the idler and it worked like a champ for many years!!!