Sign in to follow this  
Tstrick5565

DIN Radio in stock 69 bezel

Compare the cost of a repro to the cost of an OEM bezel and then decide if you want to cut an original up or save it to possibly go back to original or sell to pay for something else.

Get the repo they don't look that cheap in person. I bought one and had a DIN sized radio with a black trim ring and it looked great. I came across a double din nav unit and I cut out the bottom part and it still works. Almost a perfect fit for a double din with the side covers installed

TheMenace; do you have a picture of that ?

Yea, I am at work now but I will upload them later. The only problem I came across was the metal support the dash pad covers was in the way. I had to notch it a little bc the top of the nav was hitting it. The nav unit has to sit ressed back a 1/4" or so bc the radio opening is on an angle and not straight like most radio openings. If you don't push it back the sides near the bottom of the nav will show and look bad.

scaled.php?server=43&filename=radio01.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=840&filename=radio02.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=534&filename=radio03t.jpg&res=medium

The radio isnt sitting completely in the bezel right now because I just installed amps so i really quickly shoved the radio into the dash and took the pics. you get the idea how it will look when i set it completely in.

I also just removed the feet vents and installed 6x9s and cut the panel that goes over there and put a trim around it to make it look better. i have to figure out what i am going to do about the hole where the pull handle was. any ideas?

scaled.php?server=585&filename=speaker01.jpg&res=medium

Hey Menace, how about a courtsy light in the pull handle hole? Might be able to find something to fit in there. Remember the lights on the side of the consol of the late 60s chargers? They are round and perhaps large enough to cover that hole. Just a thought.

Hey Menace, how about a courtsy light in the pull handle hole? Might be able to find something to fit in there. Remember the lights on the side of the consol of the late 60s chargers? They are round and perhaps large enough to cover that hole. Just a thought.

That's a good idea I will look into them.

well i got my din deluxe panel in today . just like the rest of my new plastic trim....this is crap. no chrome, extremely thin, and no where close to matching the original deluxe wood grain. guess ill send it back and get a regular bezel and hack it up to fit the din radio.

Here's somes pics of my din modification to a standard repo bezel.

The bezel needs to be widened all the way accross including the chrome trim and I even thinned the sides slightly so the head unit would squeeze through. As an alternative to shaving the sides of the bezel, you may be able to heat the plastic and stretch it around your head unit. I filled the gaps above and below by gluing some thin black plastic on top. You could also fill these gaps with fiberglass or body filler I suppose, but mine looked ok in the end so I left it.

The cage doesn't fit thorugh the bezel, so it is cut at an angel to match the angle of the backside of the bezel.

dscf0005ud.jpg

Here's everything put together. The cut cage is butted against the back of the bezel holding everything tight.

dscf0006d.jpg

In the car. I did have to trim the back of the two plastic moldings on the side just a bit.

dscf0007ch.jpg

Here's somes pics of my din modification to a standard repo bezel.

The bezel needs to be widened all the way accross including the chrome trim and I even thinned the sides slightly so the head unit would squeeze through. As an alternative to shaving the sides of the bezel, you may be able to heat the plastic and stretch it around your head unit. I filled the gaps above and below by gluing some thin black plastic on top. You could also fill these gaps with fiberglass or body filler I suppose, but mine looked ok in the end so I left it.

The cage doesn't fit thorugh the bezel, so it is cut at an angel to match the angle of the backside of the bezel.

dscf0005ud.jpg

Here's everything put together. The cut cage is butted against the back of the bezel holding everything tight.

dscf0006d.jpg

In the car. I did have to trim the back of the two plastic moldings on the side just a bit.

dscf0007ch.jpg

The radio isnt sitting completely in the bezel right now because I just installed amps so i really quickly shoved the radio into the dash and took the pics. you get the idea how it will look when i set it completely in.

I also just removed the feet vents and installed 6x9s and cut the panel that goes over there and put a trim around it to make it look better. i have to figure out what i am going to do about the hole where the pull handle was. any ideas?

How does work with your heater controls? Is this a retractible unit or surface mount?

How does work with your heater controls? Is this a retractible unit or surface mount?