Sign in to follow this  
Big Secz

Car Warriors Premier Tonight!

Tonight the new show Car Warriors premiers on Speed at 9pm EST. I can't wait. We need some good car building shows that build actual cars and not convert cars into unrealistic useless machines. We haven't had a show like this since Overhauled, Wrecks to Riches or American Hot Rod. I saw on the premier that one of the cars they will be building this season is a Mustang coupe.

Agreed, reminded me of a cheap reality show...highlight the personality conflicts, emphasize the 'one' critical mistake that could jeopardize the team and then narrowly overcome the obstacle to beat the deadline. Unfortunately you didn't get to see any of the real fab work that was done, which is what I was looking forward to...IMHO that gasser looked like chit...and apparently drove like it...Shine called it a death trap I believe.

I liked the show, Im not gonna complain cause theres not enough car shows on Tv to begin with. I wasnt a big fan of either mustangs they built though. All-stars should of won the challenge tho, they did alot of fab work and customizing in my opinion.

I just think that 72 hours isn't enough time so they never focused on the actual build of the car it was more focused on the conflicts of the team members. We need more shows like Muscle Car where it focuses on the build of the car. Desert Car Kings does a pretty good job at focusing more on the build of the cars than the drama. I'll watch again to see if it gets better. Give them the benefit of the doubt because its their first show.

I didn't catch it but sounds like I didn't miss much, I'll have to set it to DVR as I am sure it will be replayed several other times this week if it's new.

I did just start watching desert car kings, I know they technically do more refurbish than rebuild but I am blown away at the consistently low auction prices. Makes me want to go out there with a trailer and an open line of credit and bring some of them back east to turn around some quick bucks.

Muscle car and gearz are still at the top of my current car show list, at least most of the stuff is practical and budget minded for the average enthusiast. I like Chop Cut Rebuild also but the season goes by fast and I don't care to rewatch the episodes once I have seen it. I want Dan's job though, what a life!

Pak,

What I like about Desert Car Kings is that they too are budget minded builds and highlights the parts that you can find in salvage yards. I think the reason why they bring in such low auction prices is because of the auction setting. The cars they auction off there typically only go for a couple grand so people don't go there expecting to drop a bunch of coin. I'm sure if those cars were in a different auction with higher end cars other than beaters they would bring in a little bit more money.

Oh I agree, I am liking DCK and I mean I can definitely understand why the cars aren't fetching top dollar I'm just amazed by it. I am sure up close you can see a lot of flaws and imperfect or even untouched stuff and trim that would need dressing to be a higher end car, a little polish and a little paint can make any car what it ain't and thru a TV lens with the right light looks even better.

I for example would not be too happy of a buyer to have a starter go bad on my first start instead of the last one prior to my buying it but they will not spend a single non cosmetic dime on anything they don't have too. God knows how many of those old tired engines might grenade or blow gaskets within 100 miles of use even though they sound nice and throaty thru a new exhaust and with some minor tuning. That is what they are in business for and the prices the cars sell for are probably right on regardless of the audience considering the addtional investment most probably require to be buttoned up.

car warriors sucked. 99% drama.

i didn't learn one thing and that's coming from a hobbyist.

I learned that too many know-it-alls can ruin a build.

As the challangers failed to consider a twin 4V intake would require a scooped hood.:blink:

As for Desert Crap Kings.... The only thing that keeps them from being sued is the AS IS on the bottom of the reciept at purchase.