Sign in to follow this  
diplo

Got it Painted!! Take a look!

Last Thursday my painters finished my car, ahead of schedule and at cost! Thanks to all of you (especially Pak) for the advice on adding the Super Snake stripe. I went with Kaspian Black for the body which is also referred to as Two Tone black. It has a lot of fine color flakes in it which look amazing. From 10 feet it looks like it is gloss black but as you get closer the flake starts to pop out at you. The center stripe is a metallic charcoal. I told the painters that I wanted the entire car wrapped with the stripe and I am glad I did because in my opinion it makes the car!

Anyway, before the clear had even dried I was putting bumpers on it (with painters approval and help) to get it ready for the Restomods in Reno show last weekend. The car got a lot of attention and looks spectacular despite not being cut or rubbed yet. In 30 days it should look like glass.

About the paint shop: I got the car painted in Sacramento CA by 2 younger guys that are just starting out. They did more than we agreed on (under the deck lid, hinges, under hood, jambs, shaved lights, chrome molding, pillar ornaments, etc.) at the price we originally agreed on. They really did an amazing job. Since they are starting out I was able to get the job done for pennies on the dollar paying cash. My car is also their show piece job that they will be using to advertise their skills. If you want to check them out the website is www.kustomvision.com. They will be putting up pictures of my car sometime this week. If you go to them for a paint job tell them you want the "Diplo Discount" and they will take care of you. Get it done now before there is a waiting list and these guys start charging industry rates for their work! If you want phone numbers or more details PM or respond to this post and I will provide.

Now the cool stuff, pictures!

In my 69stang.com gallery: http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/Kustom

Click on KustomVision paint. The pictures are in progress order so finished is in the back. NOTE: these were all taken with my Android cell phone so picture quality is not the best.

2010_06_13_12_16_10.jpg

2010_06_13_12_23_21.jpg

2010_06_10_15_00_20.jpg

Last Thursday my painters finished my car, ahead of schedule and at cost! Thanks to all of you (especially Pak) for the advice on adding the Super Snake stripe. I went with Kaspian Black for the body which is also referred to as Two Tone black. It has a lot of fine color flakes in it which look amazing. From 10 feet it looks like it is gloss black but as you get closer the flake starts to pop out at you. The center stripe is a metallic charcoal. I told the painters that I wanted the entire car wrapped with the stripe and I am glad I did because in my opinion it makes the car!

Anyway, before the clear had even dried I was putting bumpers on it (with painters approval and help) to get it ready for the Restomods in Reno show last weekend. The car got a lot of attention and looks spectacular despite not being cut or rubbed yet. In 30 days it should look like glass.

About the paint shop: I got the car painted in Sacramento CA by 2 younger guys that are just starting out. They did more than we agreed on (under the deck lid, hinges, under hood, jambs, shaved lights, chrome molding, pillar ornaments, etc.) at the price we originally agreed on. They really did an amazing job. Since they are starting out I was able to get the job done for pennies on the dollar paying cash. My car is also their show piece job that they will be using to advertise their skills. If you want to check them out the website is www.kustomvision.com. They will be putting up pictures of my car sometime this week. If you go to them for a paint job tell them you want the "Diplo Discount" and they will take care of you. Get it done now before there is a waiting list and these guys start charging industry rates for their work! If you want phone numbers or more details PM or respond to this post and I will provide.

Now the cool stuff, pictures!

In my 69stang.com gallery: http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/Kustom

Click on KustomVision paint. The pictures are in progress order so finished is in the back. NOTE: these were all taken with my Android cell phone so picture quality is not the best.

2010_06_13_12_16_10.jpg

2010_06_13_12_23_21.jpg

2010_06_10_15_00_20.jpg

All the pictures I have are up in the gallery on this site. I literally have not had time to get out a real camera and take decent pictures yet. The car went straight from paint to the alignment shop (shelby drop, roller perches, lowering springs, etc) back to my garage to be kinda put together, and then to Reno. This week/weekend I plan on taking a lot of pictures with the digital camera so I have before cut and rub work photos. I will put those up in the gallery here as well. On the sides they shaved the front fender emblems, the chrome rocker holes, pillar emblems, and the rear side marker lights.

All the pictures I have are up in the gallery on this site. I literally have not had time to get out a real camera and take decent pictures yet. The car went straight from paint to the alignment shop (shelby drop, roller perches, lowering springs, etc) back to my garage to be kinda put together, and then to Reno. This week/weekend I plan on taking a lot of pictures with the digital camera so I have before cut and rub work photos. I will put those up in the gallery here as well. On the sides they shaved the front fender emblems, the chrome rocker holes, pillar emblems, and the rear side marker lights.

Those stripes I've always liked. I also would never put stripes on a car that don't come all the way down the front or rear. I think when people put racing stripes on a car on just the hood or whatever and don't come all the way down it looks unfinished. Nice car!!

Those stripes I've always liked. I also would never put stripes on a car that don't come all the way down the front or rear. I think when people put racing stripes on a car on just the hood or whatever and don't come all the way down it looks unfinished. Nice car!!