Sign in to follow this  
408-stroker-stang

10" rear wheel

I have a 70 coupe and measured it with a 10 inch wheel we tried a 295/18 tire and it does not fit at all, I dont know if the fastbacks are different but the widest on we could get under was a 275 40 18 on a 10 in. wheel

with that being said on streetkings car I see no way a 295 would fit unless its been mini tubed or modified somehow , mine is not hitting on suspension sense I have a 4 link and airbags, but it hits on the inner structure of the car , you might be able to fit that tire if you did not tuck it in the finder but in that pic it is, so not sure how that worked for him,

ive got Billet Streelite's 10" wide with 5.5 backspacing on mine with Mickey Thompson ET Streets 275's. although i did put air shocks on since i didnt want to really slice my sidewalls. we've got a stock '67 mustang 8" rear end, nothing tampered or shortened

Sweet69008.jpg

Sweet69013.jpg

Edited by Trav_450R

Crap, guess I was combining your width with the wheel diameter that I was wanting to go with :tongue_smilie:

As far as StreetKing's wheelhouses being modified, from his thread: "Ok guys, the deal on the rear wheels. You can run a 295/35/18 with just a small amount of inner fender clearance with a hammer in the right spots. My car is really low and the BFG KD tire runs a little big. If I was to go with a Nitto or Toyo Proxy, I wouldn't need a 1/8 space at all. Some tires just run a bit bigger in the same size than others and when your working with tight clearances, size does matter.

Stephen, yes I have a stock width housing."

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=2248

While I was working on the car yesterday I took a couple of measurements that might be of help.

From outer face of drum (wheel mating surface) to outboard edge of leaf = 7"

Inner fender to wheel opening lip = 12.75"