Sign in to follow this  
panteramatt

rubberized spray in trunk?

I want to spray the inside of the trunk in my 69 mach1 to protect it from moisture and to prevent rust. I just coated the wheeel wells in my f250 with the 3m spray stuff and it looked great. Anyone ever coat their trunk? It tends to trap moisture below the trunk liner.

ive used the 3m in my wheel wells and also underneath my car, now that you mention it ill probaly also use it in my trunk. Seen a few guys that have it done that way and it looks fine from what ive seen. Whatever it takes to stop future rust is what works for me.

I just recently did my trunk with 3m rubberized spray. Not the thick bed liner type material. It came out very nice. I hit the inside quarters, over the axle area wheel wells and around the fuel tank not over in case i had to ever remove. Easy project very happy w/ results. I also did under the wheel wells which i am very pleased with. Ill try to take pics in a few days but i boxed all sides and lights in with luan cover w/ speaker box carpet so it may be kinda hard to get good photos.

has anyone ever done their whole floor?

Since the carpet holds moisture too. Its just an idea that popped in my head after reading this thread.

In case for some really bad case of drink spillage that sat for 35+ years til the current owner pulled up the carpet:scared:

Not sure about the odor it might cause on a hot summer day inside the car. Does it soften up with heat?

I have used it on a couple firewalls...painted it when it was dry

Never had a problem with it getting soft