4. 1975-78 Datsun 280Z

5. 1989-91 Ford Taurus SHO

6. 1977-83 BMW 320i

7. 1968-76 Volkswagen Beetle

8. 1986-88 Pontiac Fiero GT

9. 1979-81 Fiat Spider 2000

10. 1956 Buick Roadmaster Sedan

So what do you think?

I don't think the terms collectable and desirable should be confused as the same thing. For example, the only thing I like about the Fiero is the seats so I have no love there but regardless of wether or not the car is crap, being a two seater mid engine US made car makes it significant to automotive industry history, that's what would make it collectable. I've always given Pontiac credit for their initative on that one despite their execution.

Fox body mustangs are on the move.Its the biggest selling restoration aftermarket parts buisness for vendors currently.Ive been watching the prices go up in Canada.Low mile cars are around 12-15 grand currently.

Seriously a pacer. But if it has wheels Id drive it. I think there has been nothing built that looks like it that I can think of though. But I did get an opportunity to ride in one in the late 80's not that bad. So as for something from back in the day and collectable . It may be time for the pacer to step up. Time will tell.

I agree with cheap but not collectible. Other than the VW, I doubt there is much interest in any of those cars except by someone who may have owned one and wants to remember the day (why though is beyond me).

The only think a Fox body is good for is a 1/4 mile racer. Yeah - I had one.... An 87 and it was a POS in just about every aspect....

The only think a Fox body is good for is a 1/4 mile racer. Yeah - I had one.... An 87 and it was a POS in just about every aspect....

I disagree, They are good for a 5spd to transplant into a real mustang or as a platform to build a Cobra replica off of. :tongue_smilie:

I always thought the Datsun 280Z was kinda cool all things considered and the fact that it was Datsun and not Nissan probably makes it a little collectible at least. I also don't see what is so undesirable about a 56' Buick Roadmaster. There may have been hotter looking cars than it from the same time but it's unique and has potential for a cool lead sled hotrod.

i'd drive the taurus SHO. like i stole it from a junkie with an uzi... but... out of that list i'd probably only want to own a VW. I helped this hippie couple i lived with fix one up in college, after that i always thought that i'd love to buy one dirt cheap, get a JC whitney VW Bug catalog, and take like 3 weeks off of work and just clean it up and re sell it. they're like my old jeep CJ. so simple, so few parts... i think it would be fun to put a new car interior in it, nice tunes, gobs of chrome, then sell it and chuckle.

I'm curious about the BMW.. i know people that bought those years of BMW dirt cheap just to beat around - seemed to last but i was never impressed with them.. i think the old 380 Mercedes 2 seaters are a sweet car from that vintage..