Sign in to follow this  
d.reese

Need permission just to crank your car next year?

<CITE class=vcard>By Timothy Gardner Timothy Gardner </CITE>– <ABBR class=recenttimedate title=2009-12-07T15:14:36-0800>2 hrs 32 mins ago</ABBR>

<!-- end .byline -->WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on Monday cleared the way for regulation of greenhouse gases without new laws passed by Congress, reflecting President Barack Obama's commitment to act on climate change as a major summit opened in Copenhagen.

The EPA ruling that greenhouse gases endanger human health, widely expected after it issued a preliminary finding earlier this year, will allow the agency to regulate planet-warming gases even without legislation in Congress.

The agency could begin to make rules as soon as next year to regulate emissions from vehicle tailpipes, power utilities and heavy industry under existing laws.

Guys, its coming!

<CITE class=vcard>By Timothy Gardner Timothy Gardner </CITE>– <ABBR class=recenttimedate title=2009-12-07T15:14:36-0800>2 hrs 32 mins ago</ABBR>

<!-- end .byline -->WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on Monday cleared the way for regulation of greenhouse gases without new laws passed by Congress, reflecting President Barack Obama's commitment to act on climate change as a major summit opened in Copenhagen.

The EPA ruling that greenhouse gases endanger human health, widely expected after it issued a preliminary finding earlier this year, will allow the agency to regulate planet-warming gases even without legislation in Congress.

The agency could begin to make rules as soon as next year to regulate emissions from vehicle tailpipes, power utilities and heavy industry under existing laws.

Guys, its coming!

Sadly I think you are right. I just don't think it will be viably implemented in our lifetime, (next 40 years).

I remeber back in '72 when the idiots in D.C. said we "need to lessen our dependence on foreign oil...", D.C. likes to talk a big game, but until the oil industry sucks every last dollar out of us that they can, the lobbyist will still manipulate the puppets in Washington to talk the big talk, but still not do anything that would resemble a true move to a new fuel source.

Hey! it ain't just Obama, it's all those who are profiting off of global warning and the EPA is best known for inforcement (penalties "taxing") those who don't comply. Wondering where does all that money go? Oh yea, it's going to all those other counties that want to be like America, but can't afford it!

We see their leaders on our White House lawn all the time. The only thing missing is a sign that says "WE WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN!"

Just look at all the BS in Copenhagen !! 10 Billion to some countries to help with 'Global warming' !! What a bunch of money grubbing !! Global warming is just another way for scientists and tree huggers to siphon more tax dollars out of our pockets !! And our damn governments are buying into it.

It is Obama, and all his radical appointments, before the emails from East Anglia came to light with it all being a farce Obama was saying that in Copenhagen that they weren't going to do anything yet, just agree to do something eventually, after the emails were exposed Obama came out and said that they were going to do more at Copenhagen. His staff and advisers probably started freaking out that if they waited longer more people will realize that we are being lied to and try to stop any further erosion of our liberties. I have to stop looking at this thread, I get on this site to forget about all the things that piss me off. Plus I've always heard that you never talk about politics, religion, or money with friends.