Sign in to follow this  
Jayru

I would totally rock this in my 69!

http://www.stangnet.com/2009/11/30/2011-ford-mustang-v6-details-released/

A 300hp V6 that get's 30mpg on the highway! And it's a ford engine.

Hopefully after people start wrecking'em, junkyards will sell'em cheap since it's "only a V6."

I always thought I'd put a quad cam 4.6 in one day, but I'm definitely going this route. Maybe a Turbo to boot!

Imagine that, a 69 coupe with a 400hp turbo'ed V6 that get's 30mpg highway! (bet there's better handling aspects to be had with the drop in weight/nose heaviness too) That sounds like a pretty awesome Mustang to me!

I did read that a few weeks ago, and was honestly impressed. However (not to step on any toes) I would never put a V6 in a classic mustang, even if it was free, lightweight and had 600 hp. (i'm not including original cars with their original I6 engines).

I don't like the sound, nor do they have the respect.

I certainly don't want to offend anyone, this is just my opinion.

I did read that a few weeks ago, and was honestly impressed. However (not to step on any toes) I would never put a V6 in a classic mustang, even if it was free, lightweight and had 600 hp. (i'm not including original cars with their original I6 engines).

I don't like the sound, nor do they have the respect.

I certainly don't want to offend anyone, this is just my opinion.

No worries, that's why they say there's an ass for every seat! :tongue_smilie:

In my mind, getting smoked by a turbo'ed V6 would get you respect pretty quick! I agree about the sound though, I'll have to see what they sound like when they come out.

I don't care much about "factory" originality and want to get the most out of my car. With gas prices the way they are, I'd never drive the car on a long trip with a 12mpg V8! I don't however want to rice it out by putting a Jap turbo motor (read fast and furious 3) just to get power/fuel economy, so i really like the idea that it's a Ford motor!

Having a well handling 400hp Ford V6 that i can drive on long trips with great MPG is really appealing to me.

Spending 2 - 2 1/2 hours each way each day in my car back and forth to work I have had much time to ponder all kinds of things, one of them being what kind of car can I get that would actually make me look forward to this hellish commute or at the very least not want to blow my brains out 47 times a week. So one of my happy thoughts has been of building a dynacorn fastback body with all modern technology and good mpg's but probably at the cost of any performance. This however would fit the bill above and beyond quite nicely. I'm sure it will never happen for me but at least tonight when I spend 45 minutes to go 5 exits I'll have a smile on my face and something happy to day dream about, so thanks!